Why puppy pads are always useful General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Malka, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Why puppy pads are always useful

Tikva might have been a bit slow in house-training but as long as there were two puppy pads down in the salon she knew to use them.

This morning Nir turned up with someone he occasionally employs - took Tikki all of two minutes to accept him - Nir went off leaving Alex to do the work in my yard/patio/dig a drainage ditch at the side etc ready for the rains when they eventually come.

Tikki is quite happy with him outside - the door is open as usual and she is wandering in and out - but she will not pee or poo outside while he is around. Since she was house-trained I have kept one, smaller, puppy pad in the salon, just in case she needs to go and the door is closed, which has turned out to be a Good Idea. She poo'd on one after she had had her breakfast, and has also pee'd on a replacement.

Had the pad not been down I reckon she might have done it on the carpet although probably on the doormat, but as she knows what the pads are for I do not mind her using them.

Alex has been here since 9.30am and it has now just gone 3pm. Still not finished but mostly done, and I have no idea when Nir will be back. So far Alex has just wanted coffee but as I do not have what is known as "ness", ie powdered instant coffee, nor regular milk [only light soy] I went across to the macolet to get what he wanted.

Yes, at 17 months old Tikki should not need a puppy pad in the salon, but at least she knows what it is for and will use it, and TBH I do not blame her for not wanted to pee or poo outside while Alex is here. After all, she is a lady!

Actually I am very pleased with her as after her "who is that" [she knows Nir] she has been so good all day.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Very sensible to have your own portable and private toilet!
    I imagine that ness means Nescafe.
  4. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Well done Tikki. It's far better for her to use the indoor facilities than to try to hold it all day and get a UTI in the process.

Clever girl :)
  5. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Clever Tikki!

Chloe always used Sashicat's litter box if she wanted a wee in the night. I'd never taught her to use one, it was something she decided to do after watching the cat!
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Pork1epe1 likes this.
    Nescafe and other brands are sold here but "Ness" is just the Israeli word for powdered instant coffee, made by Elite. Horrid cheap stuff. Luckily they do small 50g tins!

I shook the poo off down the loo before putting the used pad in the bin.

I actually went outside with her to convince her to pee but she looked at me as if to say that she does not do that in front of other people! I will keep a pad down in the salon for when the rains start, in case she will not go out in the rain. And far better than she knows that it is OK for her to use it.

Not that she does big pees and her poos are little, firm, and do not pong - typical of a raw fed little dog.

Tik will pee in her crate if I do not hear her little eep before I have woken up but as it is lined with a puppy pad [her sleeping end has a folded fleece blanket in the summer and a padded fluffy cushion for the winter] I do not mind. She will not poo in it though, just eeps louder and louder until I hear her so get up to let her out. And if she is in too much of a hurry she goes straight to the puppy pad in the salon.
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    UPDATE - it was bucketing down yesterday evening so when I suggested to Tikva that she went out for a pee before she went to bed... I got the stink eye when I opened the door, she took one look and pee'd on one of the small pee pads in the salon.

She then gave me the stink eye again and poo'd on the other one!

After years of taking Little One and then Pereg outside to convince them to p&p - getting soaked and freezing cold and then muddy pawprints all over the carpet and couch, getting the stink eye is, for me, far preferable!