Wisteria toxicity Health

Discussion in 'Jack Russell Terrier' started by Rubin_James, May 20, 2018.

1. Rubin_James

Rubin_James New Member

Name:
    V

Wisteria toxicity

New pup likes to chew on sticks and branches in the back yard. I figure its basically harmless as long as he's not ingesting? However I recently read that wisteria is quite toxic to dogs (and cats) after I caught him chewing on a recently pruned branch. Needless to say I was horrified and am taking steps to keep him away from it.
    The scary part is that we've currently treating him for 3 days of pretty bad diarrhea which seems to have sprung up out of nowhere. The vet says to watch him and keep him away from the wisteria!
    Wondering if anyone else has bad experience with wisteria or for that matter any other plants affecting their Jacks. Ivy and hydrangea are also listed on the 'bad' list.
    Thanks!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I don't know why this isn't working, but if you visit the Dogs Trust site, the info is there!
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I am not sure how to download a PDF Carole but I think it must be possible because someone posted a PDF with instructions how to use my little mobile telephone.
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    You know that I am the worlds worst link provider!

The Dogs Trust site has lots of useful stuff, and I have this huge list downloaded on my pc. Pdf's usually download fine, I have even loaded complete books in .pdf format.
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    I have saved it on my PC - I just cannot post the link. Luckily the only "flowers" in my yard are weeds and Tikva is not interested in them - apart from peeing on them!