Wobblers or dysplasia fears Health

Discussion in 'Weimaraner' started by Blanca N-G, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Blanca N-G

Blanca N-G New Member

Name:
    Blanca

Wobblers or dysplasia fears

389567F3-3111-4DC6-9C9F-11669D0A5E70.jpeg Hi, new to the forum. Purchased a weim puppy from a breeder. She’s 12 weeks old now we got her at 6 weeks. I noticed around 10 weeks that she’s doesn’t put much weight on her back legs and when she’s pooping she almost falls over because her balance is not steady. We took her to the vet and mentioned it. They offered to do x-rays to see what’s going on but at the moment I couldn’t afford it. My fear is that I’m looking at wobblers disease or hip dysplasia. Has anyone had this issue and it resolve itself?Hopeful.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I don't think anyone could give you advice without knowing what the condition was. I think you would need to have to have further investigations.
    Were her parents x-ray scored for HD? Have you contacted the breeder about this?
    If you are in England it is illegal to sell a puppy below 8 weeks of age.
  4. Blanca N-G

Blanca N-G New Member

Name:
    Blanca
    Thanks for the reply Carol. Yes, I did speak to the breeder who assured us they never had any issues with their dogs legs. So I’m hoping I’m just being a paranoid doggie mom. I’m going to continue to watch and if need be will ask the vet to do the x-rays and look into it further. When I did a little more research, both issues present later in life so I’m thinking I’m just overreacting.
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Blanca N-G and Malka like this.
    I hope she is OK. I do know what you mean - you spot something that niggles at you and turn it into a mountain. Best wishes for your girl.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Blanca N-G likes this.
    I think we all tend to worry and imagine all sorts of things when we have a new baby, whether they are two or four-legged. I hope your over-reaction turns out to be nothing at all.
  7. Blanca N-G

Blanca N-G New Member

Name:
    Blanca
    Yes, Malka so true! Well my husband and I have talked about it and we are going to keep her no matter what. We have an autistic son and got this breed hoping she would be a working companion for him. If she turns out to have problems we will take it day by day and do the best that we can as responsible parents to take care of her. If fate has it I may have two special needs babies, but I do believe everything happens for a reason. And God gives us what He believes we can handle. This breed like most larger breeds are so naturally goofy, and as luck would have it her legs seems just a little straighter these past couple of days. Maybe just maybe she just has to develop her muscles. I mean she’s only been walking for 4 months. She’s still a baby in my eyes. Hoping for the best, but prepared. Thank you everyone your responses have given me strength.