Wolf Hybrids on Dog Whisperer General Chat

Discussion in 'Spitz Forum' started by werewolf, Jul 6, 2009.

1. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private

Wolf Hybrids on Dog Whisperer

Just wondering if anyone watched the above. I have seen the first 5 mins of the WH bit (stored it for later). It is on Anytime on Sky, but this is the last chance for viewing .
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Link please? Was it one of his "normal" programs with "Shadow" on it, or another?
  4. ingi

ingi New Member

Name:
    Jonathan
    Just watched it, no real problems with the 'hybrids' just the owners as usual. Why do people insist on bringing a wild animal into their home?

I liked the warning at the begining from the American Humane Society or someone of that type saying 'don't get this sort of animal as a pet'
  5. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
  6. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Thanks Nes, I dont have anytime, just the normal Sky.
  7. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    The second one Vada could just as easily be an BI / NI / Ute don't you think Nes?
  8. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Yes , I have seen that look on many a hybrid ( well their pics on the net) and I agree ref the BI/NI and Ute look being the same in some of the dogs.
  9. ingi

ingi New Member

Name:
    Jonathan
    Have you read all the comments on the link? some interesting reading there!!!!
  10. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    No, still have the rest of the programme to watch also.
  11. Heather and Zak

Heather and Zak New Member

Name:
    heather
    Yes I have, I think Rudys post was brilliant.
  12. ingi

ingi New Member

Name:
    Jonathan
    I agree. And I think the comments from Ryan show him to be a complete Ar** ho**..................hope there are not to many people like him with these wolfdogs.

I must admit I find it confusing with all the talk of hybrides and wolfdogs. Either a dog is a cross with a wolf or it isn't. Dogs that look like wolves are a different thing.. aren't they??
  13. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Haven't seen the comments, yet but have watched another 5 mins of the show and I am not keen on the use of the prong collar.
  14. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    as far as im aware a wolfdog is either a czech,saarloos or a cross containg these or a dog crossed with a wolf and the others are 'wolfalikes':grin: ........gets a tad confusing:?
  15. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    This is what i also believe. The problem arises when you hear tales of wolves being used in the creation of NI / BI / Ute.
    Technically this would make them quite recent 'wolfdogs' as they have only been around 20 years or so.
  16. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    evening girls :grin:
    the BI would technicly(cant spell again!!note to myself,must read dictionary) be a wolfdog,now the others ....hmmm.......;-)then again ,if they contain gsd then what?
  17. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Oh how facinating, why is the BI a wolfdog and not the others?
    GSD hmmm yes also allegedly from wolf but further away so 'wolfdog' sure, why not everything else is :lol:
  18. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    im no expert but i thought,well was told a BI is an ni with saarloos or czech content. :?
  19. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Not sure Tupac but i don't think BI started out that way although it maybe the case now. Its so hard to tell as goalposts seem to move to fit circumstances at the time. Perhaps someone will come along and confirm what's in the breeding there :002:

Edit to add - actually this is a good point, why did BI emerge? I always thought they were just another breakaway from NI due to a disagreement but still basically the same dog. Anybody know?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2009
  20. alady??

alady?? New Member

Name:
    Lanie
    Me too :grin: , wether true or not I dont know for sure.... I would hedge a bet that NI and Ute if they had wolf way back when it would be diluted to minimal by now, also I think that the Wolf dogs are always going back to Wolfdogs ie CWD and Sarloos, and maybe even wolf :roll: ...whereas the NI and the UTE are the only 2 new breeds that are breeding dog to dog it all boils down to % and it hurts my head :lol: :lol:

BUT NI and Ute are at his moment in time the only 2 that are not including either of the above in their breeding program...
  21. wolfdogowner

wolfdogowner New Member

Name:
    The makers of the 'Dog whisperer' are currently holding auditions in California to feature more wolfdogs in a future series with CM. They promise that CM will be joined by a 'wolf' expert but apparently no one in the wolf or wolfdog world knows anyone who has been asked to appear on the program. There are rumours that the so called expert is only a 'volunteer' from an establishment that keeps wolves or wolfdogs.

Most wolfdog rescue organisations are very worried by the program. One well known dog behaviourist; Nicole Wilde who has authored a couple of wolfdog training books (I think the only author to do so) has written to National Geographic on several occasions to express her concerns but has only received a rather vague reply. Many people think that CMs methods could have a bad effect on animals with wolf content and create more problems than they started with.