Working Cocker Spaniel Breeders General Chat

Discussion in 'Cocker Spaniel' started by Ash Thornton, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Ash Thornton

Ash Thornton New Member

Name:
    Ash

Working Cocker Spaniel Breeders

Hi,

After our beloved working cocker spaniel recently passed away, I am seeking advice / recommendations regarding purchasing a new puppy.

We are in no rush and I will only buy from a responsible seller and would be grateful if anybody could provide any recommendations regarding working cocker breeders.

I live in Derbyshire, but travelling is not an issue.

Many thanks

Ash
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Because of the lockdown there has been a massive shortfall in the number of puppies available. This has applied to all breeds, and the situation may take quite a while to resolve. The best way might be to get your details onto the waiting list of a couple of breeders, and be prepared to wait a while. Though there are Working Cocker breeders in your area, it is difficult to locate them unless you already know someone who trials, or shoots over Spaniels. The KC Assured Scheme list only says Spaniels (Cocker), which isn't much help, and probably means show type anyway.
    I think I might try to find a breeder by contacting one or more of the Field Trial Clubs in your catchment area. The nearest that I could spot without knowing which side of Derbyshire you are in was,
    Gwynedd Spaniel Club, (I know that is Welsh, but has bases in Derbyshire), Midland Counties Field Trial Society, or the North Western Field Trial Association.
    The full list of FT societies is on the link below,
    https://www.gundogweblinks.co.uk/spaniel-field-trial-clubs.html