Would you know your own dog's poo...... General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by 6JRT's, Jul 14, 2016.

1. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    CaroleC likes this.

Would you know your own dog's poo......

Yes very strange question to ask ....... but again a dog owner as been fined for not picking up their own dog's poo but someone else's dog poo ! the dog owner saw their dog having a poo & went over & picked it up, but after picking up what he/she thought was their dog's poo & binning it a dog warden stopped him/her & fined them for not picking up after their dog.

Was this dog warden right for fining the dog owner, or was he just being to "jobsworth" after all the dog owner did pick up what he/she thought was their dog's poo & did bin it not just leave it on the ground, I know that park rangers & dog wardens here in Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire are doing a big campaign/clamp down & checking that dog walkers have poo bags on them when walking their dog's [I have a poo holder with bags fasten to each lead & still have loose poo bags in all my pockets]

My poo bag holders
    shopping.jpg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    I wonder if the dog warden thought the owner had pretended to pick up? I see it quite a bit here. You can usually tell them. They stop, look all around and if they see anyone they produce a bag, bend down, faff about, but do not pick up
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    6JRT's likes this.
    Have to say we have had to closely examine so many of Eddie's that we would def. know his. Merry? I'm not as sure. You would think that the woman might have known by the temperature though. I bet her dog's poo was sloppy, and she chose a substitute!
    Re. the bag holders, we have some of those too, but we have lost a couple due to the spindly plastic attachments failing. Chas uses a Flexi for the dog he takes, and has solved the problem by using one of those sliding plastic ties to attach it to the handle. Me? I just lightly knot two or three of bags together, and shove them in my pocket.
  5. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    CaroleC likes this.
    There were pictures showing the dog owner picking up & binning a bag with dog poo in [am guessing pictures was from CCTV]

Yes could be right - I always carry poo freeze & play sand [small sandwich zip bag] in my dog walking bag just in case one of them as a runny poo

Freeze poo plus it takes the horrible smell away too
    $_57.jpg

I use keyring clips to hang the poo bag holder to the leads as the plastic clip sometimes open up.
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Never heard of Poop freeze, but think I have enough in my pockets already.
    Mind boggles at the cherry flavour, (scent), though!
  7. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Amazon & eBay sells it brilliant stuff & the smell nothing beats the sweet cherry smell for masking poo smell
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Pereg never poo'd when we went gallopy trots although she did pee sometimes on the grassy areas. Little One pee'd every few metres and would also poo if she felt like it, but I always had bags in the basket. No poo bins here so they had to go in my bin at home.

Tikva will not go out. Not on my little scooter or the Silver Monster. I have tried with no success but Michal said not to worry, she gets more than enough exercise in the yard rushing about, and I would not even try to take her out at the moment, not with temperatures ranging from mid 30s to mid 40s. The ground is too hot even in the evening - when she is in the front yard she is rushing around on the earth and at the speed she rushes her paws hardly touch the ground.

So I do not have her poos to pick up. The only ones I have had to are from the occasional stray dog who decides to leave a pile, usually at the end of my ramp.
  9. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    Malka, CaroleC and 6JRT's like this.
    Pretty sure temp should tell you.

Yep with Mouse I know which is his, do to shear size.
  10. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    6JRT's and LMost like this.
    Yes, not too many Mouse sized ones around! I bet your poo bags are a larger size than normal too.
  11. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    6JRT's, LMost and CaroleC like this.
    I can usually tell Nigredos. He usually eats Victor High Energy which has an extremely DARK kibble. Way darker than any other kibble I've seen. This makes his poop much darker than most dogs. It's also very consistent.

Jade always WALKS while pooping, so I can tell hers too. One.... Step, step, step... Two.... Step, step... Three and... GIANT PATCH OF GRASS KICKED UP BUT TOTALLY MISSED ALL THE POO.
  12. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Yes, Eddie does that too. Thankfully, he doesn't scatter the poo, but he showers me with grass and soil when I bend down to pick it up!
  13. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Malka likes this.
    I don't have any problem telling which is my dogs poo because it's only rarely they poop anywhere other than in the garden. And it's easy to identify which is which 'cos Gwylim's is an "ickle" poo 'cos he's only an "ickle" boy and Georgina's is larger 'cos she's a big girl!