WPD title General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by BrendaMarie, Dec 31, 2010.

1. BrendaMarie

BrendaMarie New Member

Name:
    Brenda

WPD title

So I went and got Storm a doggie backpack so we can start her WPD (Working Pack Dog) title. I'm so excited!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    Fab :)
    My Alaskan Malamute has her WPD title and we really enjoyed working for it :)
  4. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    Fabby! :) what do you have to do for that?
  5. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    It may alter by breed by for Alaskan Malamutes ...

"

Dog must carry a daily initial weight equal to a minimum of 30% of the dog's weight. This weight shall not decrease except by normal consumption of items such as food or water.

Pack trips must be on natural terrain such as hiking trails or cross country.

OPTION 1: Dog must pack a minimum of 30 miles. Each trip must be a minimum of 10 miles per day or an overnight camp out with a 5 miles in and 5 miles out. A minimum of one trip include an overnight camp out.
    OPTION 2: Dog must pack a minimum of 40 miles. Each trip must be a minimum of 10 miles per day.

Elevation gain may be substituted for mileage in the following manner: 1,000 feet of elevation is equivalent to 1 mile of flat terrain. Elevation gain will be figured as the difference between the highest and lowest points of the trip.

Packing requirements shall be spred out over a minimum of 2 trips." taken from AMCA website

[​IMG]

I organised several group walks for ours - for one we had over 25 Mallies backpacking - was fab :)
  6. BrendaMarie

BrendaMarie New Member

Name:
    Brenda
    pretty much the same for Sibes, except 25% of body weight and 40 miles for the WPD at a minimum of 5 miles per trip and at least one 10 mile trip. There has to be at least two trips.

Then there's the WPDX which is more intense, but you need the WPD first :)