Wrinkle care? What can I do. Questions

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by Emjay, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Emjay

Emjay New Member

Name:
    Emjay

Wrinkle care? What can I do.

Hiya I've had my Frenchie 4 weeks now. She was raw meat fed which we continued. Weve introduced recommended treats for training treats. Since bringing her home weve noticed sometimes her wrinkles can look red under her furr at times. 1 wrinkle she now has a small bold patch in. I've been batheing them everyday and using bulldog wrinkle cream but it's not clearing up completely. We have a trip to the vets this week but was wondering how you guys look after your frenchies faces.... and what sets off there irritations....
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello - I cannot help you regarding wrinkle problems with your new Frenchie as I have never had a wrinkly dog, but perhaps I can help you regarding her food, as perhaps her skin might be reacting to something.

You say you are feeding her raw meat - what meat and are you just feeding her meat or are you adding anything, vegetables/fruit etc. Also are you giving her any supplements, vitamins etc.

I have been a raw feeder since ~mid 2011, firstly with my angel epi [the girl in my avatar] and then with my current little one, who has been with me since she was three-weeks-old. Since she was finished bottle feeding and was weaned on baby food, she went fully onto raw, although she did suck at scraps of chewed up raw meat and fish even when she was being bottle fed.

But I do not feed just meat. Tikva's first meal is a frozen chunk of turkey neck, her evening meal being defrosted meat of some kind, with added vegetables and fruit, and also various vitamins and supplements. Both dogs had/have clear skin and shiny coats, strong clean teeth, and lovely solid bones.

So if I can help you with regard to raw feeding I will be very happy to do so.
  4. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    CaroleC likes this.
    My little man is on raw also, but luckily has never had skin issues. I do use gentle baby wipes in the folds just under his eyes to stop the crusty build up. And also I wrap my little finger in one to gently clean deep in his ears and the cartilage, because alot of dirt and all sorts get lodged right down. And don't worry you can't do any damage by going right down, because the canal is an L shape, so the important sensitive bits are well out of reach at a 90° angle. Hope this helps?
  5. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Also I use the wipes on his mouth straight after he's had food, in case he manages to lick me (not that I allow it). That way I know the bacteria from the raw meat won't get on me and possibly cause me to become ill.
  6. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    The above advice is good. If that doesn't clear the problem, look at the type of meat you are feeding. My girl (although not of the same breed) is allergic to chicken. It makes her ill. Just a thought
  7. Audrey

Audrey New Member

Name:
    Aud
    Our Frenchie has same problem, we got special cream from the vet that clears it up.