Yay, I am back! General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Malka, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.

Yay, I am back!

Many thanks to Azz - I am back as me! :041:

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    CaroleC likes this.
    Weal come back !
    I hate new computers & all the ‘ new updates ‘
    New telephones are just as bad !
    Technology is moving at such a fast pace I can’t keep up. My sons already think I’m a ‘ fossil ‘ & Im only 54 !
    I love a good pen & paper
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Thank you Philippa :) Pens, paper and I do not get on as I cannot hold a pen sufficiently to write properly. I had to give Effi a cheque yesterday for the new computer and did as I always do - scribbled an almost illegible signature and got him to fill in everything else! My bank have only once telephoned me to query a cheque because my signature was much worse than ever, and trying to write down all my new passwords has been a nightmare.

I am actually getting on quite well with the new computer - the one thing I can do is still type - once a touch-typist always a touch-typist so as long as the heels of my hands are resting on the table my fingers know exactly where to go without me thinking about it. It did not take as long as I thought it would to set up things that I wanted, but Effi has to sort out a couple of things that I cannot when he has time - he will do it remotely while on the telephone with me. He has installed Cobian Backup as I have always had but has to set it up. Also he will try to find my bookmarks, so fingers crossed that he does because I really do need at least some of them.

New updates? My previous computer was always up to date as far as software goes, but of course he has built this one with all the latest hardware. And oh is it fast!

Typical me - I hate new computers for 24 hours and once everything is sorted I love them! :005: