Tikva's dindins General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Malka, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Tikva's dindins

As Pereg did, Tikki has "soup", meat and vegetables for her dindins, the only differences being that Pereg had hers around midday or a bit later depending when she asked for it, and her bone meal in the evening. Tikki has her bone meal in the morning and her "wet" meal in the evening.

The other difference was that for Pereg I used to buy fresh vegetables, mainly pumpkin and courgettes and whatever I could get, dice them and open freeze, then pack and get out a handful as and when needed. Tikki being smaller [and me being less able to do the cleaning and dicing] I get bags of frozen mixed vegetables, more variety and diced fairly small. As the macolet does not sell much frozen vegetables Avner, who used to have the lease, gets 1kg bags of the vegetables for me. And whatever else I ask him for. I decant a pack of the frozen veggies into five containers and take one out to put in the refrigerator every other day, each one being enough for two days.

Yesterday I telephoned him and asked if he would please get three packs for me. During the summer he would also get packs of lovely fresh mixed salad and/or mixed lettuce leaves, depending what I asked him for.

This morning he turned up with the bags of veggies, and a pack of mixed lettuce leaves, asking if I wanted them. Sure, why not. So he went through and put the bags of veggies in ThreeBees, which is in the hallway, and then into the kitchen to put the bag of lettuce on the sink unit. Came back and had a little play with Tikki, who was dancing around on her hind legs, and asked me if I wanted any shnitzels - they are breaded slices of chicken breast, also frozen but just need heating in the microwave for a couple of minutes. Sure, why not.

So I paid him, went to take one of the bags of veggies out of ThreeBees to put in the freezer in the kitchen... and there was a bag of shnitzels in there! And next to the bag of mixed lettuce leaves were two lovely butternut squashes. They do not sell them at the macolet and I do sometimes ask Avner to please get them for me, and he just thought I might like some.

He was never this helpful when he ran the macolet and I have no idea what he does now, but I am very grateful for him getting things for me.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Malka likes this.
    How kind, it must restore your faith in people after you had such a terrible experience in the supermarket....lady, more woman than lady and your “ woolly “
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I have known Avner and Ayala since they were first married as they used to rent a little place at the back of the house next door to where I lived when I first moved onto the Moshav about 22 years ago. They had the lease on the macolet then and when it ran out a couple - not from the Moshav - took over. When their lease ran out Avner took it over again but did not renew it again and Hai took it over.

Anyhow, I have no doubt that Avner makes a profit on what he gets for me but it would cost me far more to get a taxi to go to a big supermarket, and of course he does not charge for delivery because he lives round the corner although I am not sure exactly where. And when he ran the macolet his prices were quite a bit more than they are now that Hai has the lease.

It is like Mikhaël and Tirtza who have the poultry stall in the shuk, who live just a few houses up the road from me. I telephone what I want and Mikhaël delivers it on his way home. This afternoon he will be bringing me 2 kilos of turkey gizzards and 2 kilos of turkey hearts. I will have to pack the gizzards individually to freeze them but the hearts will be open frozen on trays.

Far outweighs the stupidity of that female in the macolet!