Tikva is legal again! Health

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Tikva is legal again!

A young woman appeared at my door and said something about she was a vet from the Moatzar - the Local Authority - and she was here to give Tikki her rabies shot! A few months late but hey ho, I had given up trying to contact Vadim, the LA vet but better than never.

Strange though - I had seen a car pull up, she got out and the car moved a bit further where I could not see it, so maybe Vadim was in the car? I know that he used to come to the Moshav on a Tuesday and he definitely knows where I live.

Tik, of course, did her I love you even though I do not know you, and had the shot without even knowing it.

And her card is now up to date and her rabies shot will be registered with the Ministry of Agriculture...

...so Tikki Tikva is now legal again!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Yaaay, great news
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I forgot to ask her name although I did ask how to contact her and she said something about Vadim's cellphone number - and I forgot to ask if she wanted me to pay, but then I always ask Vadim and he always says no - he never charged me for microchipping Lexi, Pereg or Tikva either.

She must have been with Vadim though - he always got the syringe and needle ready before he got out of the car and she had it in her hand as she came down the path. I just did not expect to see a young woman vet appear, especially as I had never seen her before. And if she was not with him she would not have known where I live, as very few houses have numbers outside.

I think I have known Vadim for 20+ years? although only seeing him once a year for the rabies shots, first for just Lexi at the bungalow I rented before this one, and then here for her and then Pereg - and now Tikki.

Lexi would meet him on the doormat outside when he came to give her her yearly rabies shot - and she usually pee'd on his shoe! Pereg also greeted him happily but luckily she never pee'd on him! Tikki? As if she would! She just loves people and could not care less if they stick needles in her - and she only has another 16 days to wait until she sees her beloved Ram - and gets another needle stuck in her!
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Puzzlement solved. Dr Vadim Iskovitz had been the Local Authority vet for the Hof Ashqelon Regional Council, responsible for the health of poultry, eggs, meat etc which is for human consumption. He is also responsible for giving rabies shots and registering them with the Ministry of Agriculture, the rabies shots being the equivalent of a dog licence.

After the young woman vet had come here and given Tikva her rabies shot, I received a letter signed by Vadim, and some sort of certificate from the Ministry of Agriculture which is apparently an official dog licence, confirming Tikki is microchipped and has a current rabies shot, but tbh I did not understand all it said.

So I asked Ram this morning when he came to give Tikki her Parkworm shot and apparently Vadim is now the main LA vet not only for the Hof Ashqelon Regional Council, but all adjoining southern area Local Authorities in the region, and is based in Be'er Tuvia - in other words The Big Boss. Ram's clinic being in town, it is the Municipality Vet who is responsible for food for human consumption and rabies shots. And he had not been informed about Vadim's "promotion". Hmmmm.