Anyone own a Springer x Cocker Spaniel ('Sprocker') General Chat

Discussion in 'Cocker Spaniel' started by Misty-Pup, May 26, 2009.

1. Misty-Pup

Misty-Pup New Member

Name:
    Sarah x

Anyone own a Springer x Cocker Spaniel ('Sprocker')

Good evening,

Was wondering how many other people have sprockers? And whether they have the main traits of a springer or a cocker!

Sarah xx
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. lozzibear

lozzibear New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    my friend used to have one and he was insane lol. he was energetic and hyper like a springer. he was gorgeous lol
  4. Hollies mum

Hollies mum New Member

Name:
    Sara
    I have a sprocker pup. Her mum was a working cocker & her dad was a black & white springer.Hollie will be 9 months on 27 th june. We had a springer for 14 years before we lost him 2 1/2 yrs ago. Hubby wanted a cocker & i wanted another springer so we decided on a sprocker. I must admit Hollie can be a bit scatty but i think some of that is the pup in her. Wouldn't part with her tho.[​IMG][/IMG]
  5. Misty-Pup

Misty-Pup New Member

Name:
    Sarah x
    Awh! Hollie is cute! I've got a black and white sprocker bitch, she will be 10 months at the end of June! Her mum is a liver and white springer and her dad is a black cocker!

Misty is an absolute Nutcase! A very Noisy Nutcase! She goes mad and whines and barks as loud as she can when I walk down to the kennels!!
  6. batmandy

batmandy New Member

Name:
    Mandy
    We have a sprocker puppy next door, he is more springer than cocker, but is blue roan like the cocker, he is very cute.

mandy
  7. Sara

Sara New Member

Name:
    Sara
    I had one as a kid growing up. Dad was a black and white English Springer Spaniel, Mom was a black American Cocker. Patches was marked like a show springer, Black with a ehite chest and belly, feet, back of neck and nose with a thin stripe up her forehead. She acted like a springer, but had the stocky build of the American Cocker. she also unfortunately had the health issues of the cocker... Poor girl. She did however live a long life, she was 14.5 years old when she had to be pts. Honestly, she was the best dog EVER, for me, enthusiastic, loyal, protective, fun, smart, and loving. she would have also been a really good hunting dog, her instincts and drive were very strong.

She is the reason i am so into dogs and rescue, and I also credit her for my life, without her, I would NOT have been who I am today!
  8. batmandy

batmandy New Member

Name:
    Mandy
    what a great thing to say.
    It brought a tear to my eyes, the one next door is a great dog, and i think he will bring my neighbours many years of happniess and pleasure. You should here us, usually it`s telling kids off for things but the other day it was the 2 of us saying to the dogs why did you do this or i don`t think doing that was a good idea, we did have a laugh

Mandy,
  9. Misty-Pup

Misty-Pup New Member

Name:
    Sarah x
    Awh! Sounds like your sprocker was as much fun as Misty is turning out too be!!

I hope I a great time with her, like you did yours!!
  10. Spaniel Lover 1

Spaniel Lover 1 New Member

Name:
    Rob Kemp
    hi Sarah, our lovely b/w sprocker (misty) will be 3 in november 2009 and is such an important part of our life.
    she is so gentle and loving, with humans, children and other pets (even tolerant to kittens!).
    her shape often gets annoying comments of 'isn't she fat' NOT SHE ISN'T! she's very active and her ideal weight as we get her checked out regularly.
    she has, however, had recent hip/leg problems - so when she squats to 'go', she often repeats the action before relieving herself. after many trips to the vet (thank god for insurance) we're still none the wiser. but otherwise she's fine.
    wouldn't be without her......Rob x
  11. Misty-Pup

Misty-Pup New Member

Name:
    Sarah x
    Awh! My little bean is called Misty too!! Misty is 14 months now, and is turning into a crazy pooch!! Actually, she's always been crazy!! She's started coming out on shoot days with me, and has picked a few birds and fetched them back to me!

She's a confident dog, but does get a bit overwhelmed when she meets new people and will army crawl towards them! Then she gets a belly tickle and she is your best friend for life!!

Pictures of your Sprocker would be lovely!!!

x
  12. Spaniel Lover 1

Name:
    Rob Kemp
    I will post soon. ours loves a good belly rub. have met a few owners with (general) dogs called misty. quite a good name.
  13. elmac13

elmac13 New Member

Name:
    eleanor
    I've got a cocker and a springer...does that count? The only difference is I have to feed two instead of one, the effect is the same!
  14. Spaniel Lover 1

Name:
    Rob Kemp
    twice the madness, but twice the love though. great.
  15. __Tammy

__Tammy New Member

Name:
    Tammy
    [​IMG]

This is my little sprocker puppy, she is nearly 9 weeks old and is so playful, she sleeps for about 2 hours then will have an hour of madness! she is just like a little baby! she sleeps in a cage at night times and normally doesent fuss then when i let her out in the morning im greeted by a load of puppy saliva!:grin:
  16. Misty-Pup

Misty-Pup New Member

Name:
    Sarah x
    Awhhh!! Your puppy has the same look that my MooPest did when she was little!

She was a nightmare pup! We never 100% tackled house training (Not that it's important now, she lives in a kennel!!!), she never seems to run out of energy, like today for instance, I took her picking up, and she has been running around for a good few hours today and when I went to take my other spaniel and one of the labs for a walk, she wanted to come too, and proceeded to run around like a loon some more!!

I wouldnt change her for the world though!!

x
  17. Nickyh68

Nickyh68 New Member

Name:
    Nicola
    I too have a 17 week old cocker springer x, her name is Milly and she is adorable, if not slightly mad! She is mainly black with white markings.
    I weighed her today and she is 10.2kg, would you think that this is a normal weight for her breed?
    I am currently feeding her 2 x 125grammes of hills science plan per day is this too little/much or just about right?
    She is clean all day but is doing 2 or 3 poo's during the night

Any info would be greatfully appreciated.

Nicky
  18. __Tammy

__Tammy New Member

Name:
    Tammy
    Awww :) Well mills only 8 weeks and she's already a jumpy little thing so i dread what she's going to belike when she grows up!
    x
  19. DerekCum

DerekCum New Member

Name:
    Derek
    I have a Sprocker he's 14wks liver + white hes a great wee guy . The good thing about him is he was so easy to train he can sit,paw,liedown,rollover,carry his leash (or paper) just a great wee dog .But i'm not sure about iyslong tail .
  20. DerekCum

DerekCum New Member

Name:
    Derek
    Ive a great wee Sprocker liver + white 14 wks old he luvs walkin + runnin about the fields then when we come in he luvs playin with his toys .
  21. DerekCum

DerekCum New Member

Name:
    Derek
    i wouldsay he is more of a cocker