Does anyone own a Poodle cross Dalmatian? General Chat

Discussion in 'Dalmatian' started by Emmakay391, Jan 4, 2010.

1. stephieadam

stephieadam New Member

Name:
    stephie
    http://www.facebook.com i'm trying to find photos, daisy is also crossed with mini poodle, so im excited to see what shes going to turn out like......we werent sure about height or weight but shes soooooooooooooo loving and amazing.
    not sure how to do pictures yet, i'm new :blush:
    x
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2010
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Velvetboxers

Velvetboxers New Member

Name:
    Helen
    Lovely pup
  4. Emmakay391

Emmakay391 New Member

Name:
    Emma
    Hi stephieadam! Im always searching for other dally poodle crosses but have never had much luck.
    I got Duke from a woman in Blackburn, she bred the poodle and dalmatian this april again so those pups would also be 8months old same as Daisy, would be good if they were related.

I will be interested to see piccies once youve figured it out or if your on (it wont let me put it but you know the popular site beginning with f ) i have plenty of piccies on mine. My name is Emmakay your welcome to add me.

If shes anything like Duke he has grown to be 25 kg and pretty long legs, comes up to my knee. His fur has whispy curls. He started getting brown in his legs and this has now changed to silvery black.

If Daisy is anything like Duke then you have a great intelligent dog :)

Emma x
  5. stephieadam

stephieadam New Member

Name:
    stephie
    ooooooh my god!!!!!!
    daisy's from blackburn, omg omg omg i found daisy's big brother!!!!
    im just gonna find you on social netwroking site with f
    i am sooooo ridiculously excited right now!!
  6. Emmakay391

Emmakay391 New Member

Name:
    Emma
    wow thats great!!! Will be nice to share stories x
  7. stephieadam

stephieadam New Member

Name:
    stephie
    ok turns out there's looots of emmakay's so find me.
    sneffie 'stick' adam.
    i am ridiculously giddy right now my gosh!
    they have to be related right?/
    what was the woman's name?
  8. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie

First let me say your boy is a real cutie,

But the above highlighted caught my eye.

It sounds like you did a lot of research before you got your pup, so in the respect well done.

But what I dont understand is , that if you realise the importance of finding a good breeder , who health tests, to reduce the risk of any health issues in the pedigrees you liked, why would you think, those same health issues would not crop up in a mix of two pedigrees... did you research both Dalmatians and Poodles for related health issues... because unless your breeder has tested both dogs for all relevant problems, the likely hood of passing any on to your pup, (and litter mates) will be doubled up:-(

So this breeder has done a repeat mating within 12 mths of the same dogs!!

It could even be a back to back mating... depending on the dams cycle.

Does that tell you anything?

Your breeder has bred two breeds together that are completey unsuitable in size and construction, one being medium and one being small.

I am a little saddened, that someone would take the time to research and make herself informed on health issues in dogs, then discard all one has learnt to go to a byb!!

Even if she health tested she has bred two breeds that are as chalk and cheese..tottaly unsuitable in size , bone structure .......twice,
  9. stephieadam

stephieadam New Member

Name:
    stephie
    pedigrees tend to be in-bred which leads to the health problems, so mongrels are more healthy because they're less likely to be related. that's all i know.
    i was dissapointed when i found out that the woman wasn't a "real" breeder but i couldn't leave Daisy there. i'm glad i didn't because she is amazaing!
  10. Lionhound

Lionhound

Name:
    Lorna
    He is very cute and you can see his cheekiness shining through.

I have a Dalmatian x Boxer near me, he is a lovely boy.

Due to it being filled with the Christmas Spirit I will leave the 'pedigrees are in bred' comment today :)
  11. stephieadam

stephieadam New Member

Name:
    stephie
    i didn't mean it like that....
    i meant erm, because their bloodline is so close. well thats what i read anyway, i do like pedigrees, ive also got a pomeranian.....
  12. Lionhound

Lionhound

Name:
    Lorna

No problem:023:
  13. Wyrd

Wyrd New Member

Name:
    Tasha
    I'm quite interested in these dogs. I have a Dalmatian, how do you find training with the Poodle x Dallies?
    Are they more 'willing to please' than a fully Dally? or do you still have to bribe them to do anything :roll:
  14. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    That's not true, pedigree`s are not inbred at all.

I am sure Daisy id amazing, but then that what these type of breeders rely on, peoples emotions.;-)

BTW..what dog was the Dam, the Poodle or the Dallie
  15. stephieadam

stephieadam New Member

Name:
    stephie
    dally :D so not quite sure how they erm mated, but yeh she is willing to work for treats, and hugs.
    the pom will only work for treats, but cross she'll do anything for just praise lol
    i didn't mean inbred i meant their bloodline is closely related so thus causes a few health problems, but thats just what i read.x
  16. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    OK, so you think an offspring from two of these closely related breeds will be healthier.

Did the breeder heath test her Dalmatian and Poodle , to rule out any inbred or genetic problems for each breed.

17. Luke

Luke New Member

As a side note, I'd love to see pom pictures one day!
  18. stephieadam

stephieadam New Member

Name:
    stephie
    i didn't totally think it through. all i know is i read mongrels are less likely to have health problems due to their bloodline not being so close. that's all i know. but Daisy has had no problems wheras the pom has had a few already and only had her two months....but i love them both, and i wish people would breed properly but i do not regret getting my Daisy. she had her fair share of problems from being puppy milled (if thats what its called) she's terrified of men and strangers, ive only just got her to acknowledge my dad.
    so, i know it's not right but i wouldn't change her for the world. as for the bloodline thing. i'm not an expert im only saying what ive read elsewhere.x
  19. stephieadam

stephieadam New Member

Name:
    stephie
    i dont know how to do pictures on here :? but as previously stated a little higher above check f-book. got loads of pics of me girls x
  20. Emmakay391

Emmakay391 New Member

Name:
    Emma
    Had wrote a long reply but have decided it would probably cause more problems.
    Let me just say i have no excuses for buying from this woman but that does not make me agree with her breeding, i can see why it is wrong!

Emma x
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2010
  21. Carlydalesa

Carlydalesa New Member

Name:
    Carly