Norwegian Buhund, any info on this breed? Discussions

Discussion in 'Norwegian Buhund' started by jesterjenn, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    I know a couple folk that show Buhunds, one lady has Borders too, she has, in partnership with somebody else, a BH of the same age as Buddy is meant to be, bred by one of the popular BH kennels, "Trelowen." I used one of her Borders last year for discover dogs and Im hoping to see her this weekend at Manchester, may run it by her. Im not sure who you mean, but there arent too many BH breeders about.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. youngstevie

youngstevie

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Miss Marple, I agree;-)
  4. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    Ah thanks for clearing that up :grin: do you remember roughly when he arrived?
  5. aliwin

aliwin New Member

Name:
    ali
    I would say early to mid September but I do have a poor memory :blush: I agree with YS though I think he is around 2.
  6. youngstevie

youngstevie

Little more mystery, there was a buhund for sale on gumtree (soz can I put that) last year for £50, not sure why he was though or whether this was a scam:shock:
  7. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    so how many homes has this dog had?

was it a case of, this dog started out ok in the show ring, in a breed with such low numbers I could see him doing well as a puppy, but as he matured some faults became apparent? so he was passed on?
  8. aliwin

aliwin New Member

Name:
    ali
    :102: :102: :102: :017: :017: :017: :101: :101:
  9. youngstevie

youngstevie

Who knows hun, I'd of thought if there were any faults maybe they came as he has had at least a couple of homes.

Anyways lets hope his next home is a forever one and maybe he will be an only dog, but as far as I am concerned I think this is a case of you can fool some people most of the time, but you can not fool All of the people All of the time.:roll:
  10. kgillies

kgillies New Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Anymore info on the Bu for rehoming?? Would love to know!:p
  11. youngstevie

youngstevie

you would have to contact the rescue hun...dogwatchuk;-) see you have buhunds....they are such a lovely breed arn;t they.
  12. basi

basi New Member

Name:
    jenny
    Hiya nice to see you on here:grin:
  13. Louisec

Louisec New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Hi,

if this is the breeder I think it is, then no, she doesn't take dogs back. This is a very confusing story, hope the dog ends up with a good home :)
  14. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    the breeder of the dogs is the Trelowen kennel.

what you say about them not taking dogs back does make a bit of sense, given that he was homed via gumtree from his first home, rather sad really.
    I would have thought in a breed with such low numbers breeders would be far more protective of there breeding.

not a good advert for breeders really is it, another disapointment to the system

ETA: it would seem buddys fate truely does lie in the hands of the rescue system, lets hope they do a better job for him than his breeders and the show home he went to did for him.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2010
  15. basi

basi New Member

Name:
    jenny
    Perhaps she should have a re-read of the code of ethics which cleary states
    10) Will only sell dogs where there is a reasonable expectation of a happy and healthy life and will help with the re-homing of a dog if the initial circumstances change.

I am a bit concerned about this breeder as she is one of the breeds main breeders so how many other people have asked for her help and been turned down:roll:
  16. youngstevie

youngstevie

I agree. I think it is a sad state of affairs when a breeder can turn thier back in such a way.

When I think of how Shona tried hard to find a solution with her pup which was on Dogsey a while back, this kind of breeder leaves a distasteful feeling.

I don't breed, but I would of thought that as this is not a common breed she would of been able to assist in getting him a suitable home, surely she has a list of potenial homes.

I am sure she could of helped if only to assist in finding him somewhere:-( very sad
  17. Louisec

Louisec New Member

Name:
    Louise
    We have two Trelowen Siberians, well only one now, our old boy was PTS last week :cry: they have had health problems their whole lives, wonderful temperements though :) . I know other people who have tried to take Siberians back to Sue and it's a no go :-(
  18. Berger

Berger New Member

Name:
    Nic
    Surely as a breeder you would not even consider to breed if you couldn't try your upmost to ensure all your pups go to good homes. Admittedly peoples circumstances change but wouldn't you at least want to be notified so you could contact the breed rescue, if a dog you have bred wound up in this situation :cry:
  19. youngstevie

youngstevie

well you'd of thought so, instead of it being advertised on Gumtree for £50:shock:
  20. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    a tad concering, I guess its easy to be a main breeder when you only have to consider the litter on the ground and getting homes from them :neutral: does anyone know how many litters are produced at these kennels each year, of sibes and NB?
  21. Benzmum

Benzmum New Member

Name:
    Lynne
    I am assuming that it would bve futile to report the breeder to the KC? I am making my assumption based on the hundreds of pups that are churned out with KC affixes and then the breeders want nothing more to do with them

And I know that not every breeder is like that I know there are a lot of good breeders out there. But it just seems that, as I understand it one of the KC rules is you must be prepared to take back pups if need be?

Its such a shame as any dog on gumtree is a bad idea but a rare breed that is entire - thats just asking for trouble IMO
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.