Chow Chow Discussions

Discussion in 'Chow Chow' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. kaz'schow

kaz'schow New Member

Name:
    karen
    can't they just Chow, they go like greased lightening hehehehe

Sisky's way too smart for her own good, she's mastered opening the latch on the garden gate, and has escaped twice that way:roll: She took to tricks really well, she's clicker trained, and loves to show off, she does all the usual, paws, beg, rolls over, but her spacialities are, bow, shoot dead and on her back legs doing dancing bear.

However Benny's not so good, I've only had him 8 weeks though he's 8 months old, and he wasn't trained at all when i got him, in fact he hadn't been in a house since he was 8 wks old, he was bought by a breeder as a stud dog, but she changed her mind, so currently I'm trying to overcome all his fears, the dark, doorways, stairs, slippy floors amongst other things, and we're trying to stop him pulling on his lead, but he is getting better all be it very slowly. He's also growing at an alarming rate, he's put on over 4 kg in 8 wks, bringing him to 28.5 at the moment with a load of growing still to go I reckon:shock: :lol:

Your chows are stunning Chow, particulalry Khan he's a beauty.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. kaz'schow

kaz'schow New Member

Name:
    karen
    Shirley is it entropian surgery Kia is having? Benny has entropian, and we are treating him very successfully non surgically, even the vet is surprised at the success so far. Bit late for you now I guess, butworth thinking about for future chowies.
  4. Chow

Chow New Member

Name:
    Shirley
    kaz'schow,
    Sisky sounds a very clever chow.
    We have only had our girl 8 weeks.
    No Kai and Khan have the most beautiful clean eyes.No entropian there.
    It is our new girl who needs the operation.:-(
    Kai did his cruciate he jumped up at the baby gete caught his front leg and fell backwards and landed bad on his back leg.
  5. kaz'schow

kaz'schow New Member

Name:
    karen
    Ouch that sounds really painful Shirley, hope he's better soon.:-(
  6. therodot

therodot New Member

Name:
    Theodor
    He is Mo-Mo, a 3 months Chow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. Doggydina

Doggydina New Member

Name:
    Lisa
    OMG ! ! What a lovely big cuddly bear ! ! Very stunning :grin: :grin:
  8. kaz'schow

kaz'schow New Member

Name:
    karen
    Aww he's gorgeous, what a serious wee face :)
  9. sorona

sorona New Member

Name:
    Sorona
    Oh what gorgeous dogs you all have................I am getting an Eurasier puppy in 2 weeks time and loved them becasue of the chow in them..............hopefully they are not quite so strong willed, lol!!
  10. therodot

therodot New Member

Name:
    Theodor
  11. Doggydina

Doggydina New Member

Name:
    Lisa
    They are just stunning,so cuddly :grin: :grin: :grin:
  12. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    Im so glad i have found this thread, I was brought up with a beautiful golden chow called puffy but unfortunatly she died of stomach cancer at the age of 2. In 1992 my mum bought a black male called black horned black lochust therefore called blacky and i can honestly say he was the worst behaved dog ever lol.
    He was sooooo hard to train, if let off his lead thats it you'd end up chasing him down the beach lol but he was a lovely dog he was so friendly and accepted all the animals we brought home as kids. My mum was heartbroken when he died and has never really found another breed she loves at the min she has a deaf heinz 57 and as much as she loves her its not the same. I think as my mum had such a rough time with the health side of both chows i dont think she's ever get another one, but then you should never say never he he.
    Just out of curiosity are there any breeders in lincolnshire?
    Jem x
  13. JoannaKaboo

JoannaKaboo New Member

Name:
    Ioana
    Hy everyone,my name's Kaboo and i'm a very lovely Chow Chow.Let me introduce myself...[​IMG]
  14. tova

tova New Member

Name:
    meriel
    What a beautiful puppy, you must be very proud!:grin:
  15. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    what a complete babe xxx
  16. youngstevie

youngstevie