Malinois Pitbull mix - very rare dog breed! Anyone else with similar? Photos

Discussion in 'Belgian Shepherd Dog (Malinois)' started by mrmueller, Sep 18, 2010.

1. mrmueller

mrmueller New Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Trace0 and Bryan1846 like this.

Malinois Pitbull mix - very rare dog breed! Anyone else with similar?

I have noticed only a few pictures and posts from other websites mentioning a mixed breed such as one of my dogs. My female is a 3 year old Belgian Malinois Pitbull mix. It's a rare and very interesting breed to say the least. Anybody else have a similar breed.. I would like to compare personalities and traits! Layla is a very well rounded dog but does suffer from high amounts of energy, jealousy, and animal aggression. To put it in one word I would say she is very animalistic. Her breed should be used for military/police training in my opinion. You get the strength, agility, speed, and attention span from each breed. She is very eager to please and she seems as if she constantly watches and learns from her surroundings. Please feel free to comment or ask questions!

She is the one on the left. The male on the right is her father.

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    She's lovely but why do you refer To her as a being a breed when clearly she is a mix? Seems confusing! Nice dog but I wouldn't want them to be fashionable!! Was she bred for dog sports?
  4. Mother*ship

Mother*ship New Member

Name:
    J
    Hi and Welcome to Dogsey!

You may not have realised but Dogsey is UK based with predominately UK members and Pit Bulls are banned over here under the dangerous dogs act.

If you spend some time on Dogsey you will realise that there are a lot of passionate dog owners on here who are very sensitive about terminology! Consequently no one is going to be happy about you referring to your cross as a 'breed'. There is a good reason for this, many Puppy mills and back yard breeders describe any random cross as a 'rare new breed' just so they can justify the silly prices they charge for their unethically bred puppies. :evil:

So please stick with us (we're a friendly and helpful bunch! :grin:) but I'm afraid you won't find many members with Pit Bulls or their crosses.

J.
  5. mrmueller

mrmueller New Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Sorry about the misuse of terminology first of all. Secondly no she was just the result of two pure breeds living in the same neighborhood. The owner of the mother was a friend. Thanks for the positive comment!
  6. mrmueller

mrmueller New Member

Name:
    Ryan
    J., I didn't realize this was a predominately UK based website. I also was unaware pitbulls were banned as well over there. I am a citizen of the United States and I'm proud to say Pitbulls are an everyday breed. Once again I apologize for my mis-terminology. I have a "rare-mix" if you would call it. Just seeing if anyone had a similar "mix" thats all, no breeding attempts or unethical profits from my dog :)
  7. Mother*ship

Mother*ship New Member

Name:
    J
    No worries, I guessed that might be the case and so I just wanted to explain before anyone got heated! :101: :wink:

The ban over here really is a joke, it's only patchily enforced and any dog deemed to be 'type' can be put down. :x While on the other hand these dogs are badly bred and badly treated by idiots who want to look tough, it's a very sad situation, especially for the dogs. :-( There are a lot of campaigns to change the law - 'Deed not breed' being the starting point.

J.
  8. muttzrule

muttzrule New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    That is an interesting mix. She must be a very intense dog. Did the mother have any difficulty whelping? Just thinking Pit Bull skulls coming through a Mals narrow pelvic canal....

She's gorgeous by the way. Whats her name?
  9. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    She's stunning.

That's certainly an unusual combination. Was she the only one in the litter? if not, do you know how the others have turned out? physicly/temperamentally.

As has already been stated, pitbull type dogs have been banned over here, for 19 years now. The law is a complete joke, I only hope that for once, politicians can do the sensable thing and get rid of it.
  10. Helena54

Helena54 New Member

Name:
    Helena
    Bryan1846 likes this.
    Lovely looking dog. When you say her mix should be used for police/military work, the mals are already used for both aren't they, brilliant dogs the mals.
  11. tera

tera New Member

Name:
    t
    Are the parents are from tested working lines ?
  12. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Yes they are, and not a dog for the fainthearted either, I would think a dog of such mixes would do well in experienced hands,

Lovely dog BTW, and forgive me if I am wrong but aren't Pits banned in some US states too!
  13. Weyard

Weyard New Member

Name:
    Weyard
    I'm sorry to bump this topic when the last post was over a year ago, but after seeing the picture of your dog, I just had to post.

I have a 1 & 1/2 year old female dog that appears to be the exact same mix as your dog. Infact, your dog is the closest match to her that I've seen in over a year of searching online.

She came in as a stray about a year ago and we've been trying to figure out what breed she was ever since.
    She is extremely intelligent and clever, taking to tricks/commands in minutes rather than days.
    When she came in, she already had basic training and was already well-trained with basic commands. Whoever lost her/abandoned her had spent a lot of time training her, which is another thing that makes me thing that she couldn't have been just some random mutt.

She has most of the traits you described, except that she isn't as active as most Malinois are said to be. She gets uncontrollably hyper once she starts playing, but most of the day she just lays around. Once she gets going, she proves to be extremely athletic, jumping well over 5ft high. I know that Malinois are known for their jumping ability among other things, so this was one of the things that made me consider that she might have Malinois in her.

She also seems to have jealousy issues with other dogs. She seemingly gets mad if one of us gets anywhere near another dog.

She has yet to show any sign of aggression whatsoever and I hear that most pitbulls are like this, despite the reputation.

Here is a somewhat straight-on picture:

[​IMG]

The general head shape, coloration, eyes, and snout are all exact.

She has tufts of hair running down her neck, ending in little swirl-like patterns on the side of her neck. Your dog appears to have this same hair pattern, although it's a little hard to see from that angle.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm pretty certain that she has some pitbull in her due to the shape of the head, but otherwise I really have no idea.

Her coat is so perfect and symmetrical that I assume she must be a mix of two full-stock dogs. Every mixed+mixed breed I've ever encountered had at least one flaw in their coat, while hers is flawless.

Does Layla have any white patches or is the rest of her coat that same orangish/fawn color ?? Is her tail black like my girl's or the same color as the rest of the coat?
  14. Velvetboxers

Velvetboxers New Member

Name:
    Helen
    Shes gorgeous, looks very intelligent & alert. I dont think shes all that old? This would account for the boisterous play as a lot of the larger breeds take longer to mature

She has certainly got a lovely home now - well done for rescuing :) & welcome to Dogsey :)
  15. Mica

Mica New Member

Name:
    Mica
    wow.. pitt bull crossed with a mal.. that would be ONE SEROUS dog.. I'd love one
  16. LauraJaynee

LauraJaynee New Member

Name:
    Laura-Jayne
    MY max is quite an odd one :)
  17. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Bryan1846 likes this.
    Hi, this site is full of UK members and there are no pit bulls on this site. I am American like you and my dog is mixed with pit bull. Pit bulls in America include staffies and bull terriers, BUT the American Pit Bull Terrier is banned in the UK. My mother has a German Shepherd/Pit Bull mix. Since the Malinois is the German Shepherds sister dog I thought I'd post her picture here for you to look at for comparisons.

[​IMG]
  18. charlie2009

charlie2009

Name:
    jonn
    i own a 2 1/2 year old male mal and hes a great dog !!! however i dont like pitts so sorry
  19. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Sorry for that other comment... I guess it was just my computer!
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2011
  20. Tang

Tang New Member

Name:
    Pat
    I feel so 'out of date' and 'out of touch'. In my heyday the sought after dogs were the known pure breeds. Now it seems (not just in the UK but here in the Middle East and Eastern Med too) that everyone is raving about 'rare' breeds (which used to be called crossbreeds or mongrels) and 'teacup' varieties and daft names made up of half and half?
  21. Tang

Tang New Member

Name:
    Pat
    For example Chipins (cross min pin and chihuahua) do you think they decide on what to cross based on whether a fancy sounding NAME can come out of it?