85% wolf??? seriously!!! Discussions

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Louise13, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    ....are we talking front or rear?
  4. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    How could he have any control over them if they were not attached by bone etc? My JRT could "move" the attached one, but the second dew claws were just attached with skin and fur, they flopped about.
  5. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum

Name:
    Sue
    The one I saw was a cross- the French lady owner was astonished I knew what he was! She rescued him in France, then moved over here.

The Harlequin ones are stunning, I would love to see one of those in the flesh.
  6. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    Both! He had singles on the front, doubles on the rear. The singles he would use when he jumped up at you, which he did if he REALLY liked you!! He used to hate it when my daughter's pony used to tank off with her, something she did all too frequently until we addressed the problem. He would chase after her and leap on board as it were using his front dew claws, and then when he had a purchase on her fat little rump, just in front of her dock, he would try and bring up his hind legs to bring her down. By this stage, she usually had managed to give him both barrels - she was barefoot luckily, else Hal would probably have not survived this.
  7. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
  8. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    I have no idea, I am not a wolf cross !! Grrrrrrrrr
  9. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    :lol: - that was what was confusing me.

I could not see how he could 'Use; bits that were not attached to bring something down!

Thanks for the clarification.

All my guys have front ones, which they seem to use on bones and for turning etc. However - having said that - I have met plenty of dogs who have either had them removed at birth (front) or had to have them removed later in life through damage who have managed the same things just fine :)
  10. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum

Name:
    Sue
    Yes, Overhill isn't far from where I live - 20 miles or so, which is another reason my Beauceron radar spotted this one :)
  11. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    What a beautiful breed - looks like a cross between rottie and dobermann.
  12. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum

Name:
    Sue
    We've strayed off topic and are in danger of being impounded by the Topic warden.... but yes, I like them. They have the same roots as the Briard and are said to be one of the breeds used to create the Dobe, so a very old breed indeed: first recorded in the 16th century.
  13. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Shadow had double dew claws at the back, they had a pad each. I also wonder which breed of dog contributed to that in him. They never bothered him and I am glad they were not removed when he was a puppy, (breeders vet wouldn't do it).
  14. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    Hal's did too, even though they were so tenuously attached to his legs! I loved them, they were part of him, and never caused him any problems either.
  15. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    Think it was a couple of their dogs I met at crufts, lovely dogs.

I like the jindos as well, don't know much about them though.
  16. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    I like the look of jindos as well. A certain person whose name I dare not mention for fear of sparking off a riot had an episode on tv involving a very aggressive jindo, and I thought what a fabulous dog. Don't know much about them either, but would love to meet one.
  17. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Poor pony!!! I can't believe you let him do this!!!! One because it would scare the pony half to death and clearly endanger your daughter!! And two because a square kick to the head would have him dead!!!
  18. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    O for goodness sake Louise, of course I didn't LET him do that. I didn't want to bore everyone rigid by giving all the intimate details. I had Hal on the lead, but when the pony took off with my daughter, so did he in hot pursuit with the extended lead flapping around causing the pony to gallop even faster. It was not good, but I could not hold him.

Shoot me dead for being such a bad mother :roll:
  19. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    What about this one:

"willing and needs proving!"

Then at the bottom the dogs breeding is:

Yes thats DAME too!
  20. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    can u explain the first one :? wot the eck? lol
  21. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Its the same dog! Thats the heading in the ad, and at the bottom thats its breeding. Where is the "wolf" bit???:?