Olderhill Northern Inuit puppy info General Chat

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by ay2003, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    I've never heard of it before, such a shame for owners who want to do best by their dogs x
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Welcome to the site and have to agree we need some piccys of your little one.

I have never had a problem joining any classes i wanted to, i choose not to because the only class near me i could get to, the people running it seemed like idiots but thats another story! Have a look for another class an i am sure you will have more luck as i have never heard of an NI being turned away because they are not KC reg. Think of all the people they would have to turn away if this was the case with crosses and the like.
  4. Sosha

Sosha New Member

Name:
    Sosha
    Pick a different club. Don't normally need to be KC reg for training classes - though whoever runs the class can stipulate whatever they want I guess. Pick one that let's you come in and watch before joining too. That's my tip for the day anyway.
  5. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Thats a really good tip as you dont want some numpty training your dog and making things worse. You also dont want to find this out after you have handed over the cash for a few lessons!! ;-)
  6. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Goodluck finding a suitable training class xxx There are at least two members on here with Olderhill dogs. The NID world being quite small your girl probably has relatives on here. Pics would be great xxxxx
  7. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    My girl Freya has Olderhill bred parents... though not bred together by Olderhill, but Backcountry.

Would love to see pics of your girl
  8. casandra

casandra New Member

one of my dogs has Olderhill parents and also bred by Backcountry
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2011
  9. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    How is the lovely fluff bundle Carol? I just adore longer coats xxxxxx how old is he now? And where on earth does the time go?
  10. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    What do you mean by hybrid? Have you been told your dog is part wolf?

If your pet is not cross wolf i see no issue enrolling in training class, ive never heard of training classes insisting on KC registration even breed specific one's.
  11. juedel

juedel New Member

Name:
    julie
    hi, what has happened to olderhill in lincolnshire, ive tried contacting them as i bought a N I dog 4 yrs ago...nothing dodgy i hope !
  12. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    good luck with that x
  13. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Not sure if I have understood, I thought you said your NID was a puppy, not a four year old dog? Pics would be great xxxxx
  14. Heather and Zak

Heather and Zak New Member

Name:
    heather
    Think it's the OP that has the NI puppy.:grin:
  15. juedel

juedel New Member

Name:
    julie
    im not the one with the pup, ive only just joined , so am a novice at this , was just wondering what happened at olderhill
  16. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Ahh yes apologies. Was reading off my phone xxxx pics would still be good though of both sets of fur kids xxxxxx
  17. juedel

juedel New Member

Name:
    julie
    will try, not sure how at the moment !
  18. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Thank you xxxx I am not very good at explaining these things but if you are struggling, give us a shout and between us I am sure we can help xxxxx looking forward to the pics xxxxx
  19. Heidi1

Heidi1 New Member

Name:
    Jill
    Hi - I have an Olderhill Inuit and he has attended many training classes and goes to a weekly dog club and also hydrotherapy. I don't see why there would be a problem as long as your dog doesn't have any serious behavioural issues.
  20. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    LOLOL The KC do not grant Affixes for work with dogs, they award them(now called Kennel names)if no one else has the same name & you pay the correct fee !