Looking for long legged staff puppy Discussions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by kez_j, Oct 12, 2011.

1. kez_j

kez_j New Member

Name:
    Kez

Looking for long legged staff puppy

Hello,

I currently have a 15 year old long legged staff x. He has been an amazing dog and I'm looking to add a puppy to our family.

I would ideally like a blue staff and would like another long legged, 'chunky' staff rather than a short stocky variety.

I have been researching the Irish Staff and one of these would also be ideal.

Does anyone know of any reputable breeders please?

Many thanks
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Kerriebaby

Kerriebaby

Name:
    Claire or KB
    I could be wrong...but I think Irish Staff is a name that some use for APBT.

Why dont you pop along to a rescue centre, sure they will have something more than suitable
  4. sarah1983

sarah1983 New Member

Name:
    sarah
    That's what I've heard too.
  5. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
  6. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    Go along to your local rescue.

There would be no reputable breeders breeding specifically for a long legged blue Stafford.

Just incase you think you have found one make sure both parents health status is known for L2 Hga, HC, PHPV and PPSC.

If you would like more information regarding these conditions just ask.
  7. kez_j

kez_j New Member

Name:
    Kez
    Hi everyone, thanks for your messages. I shall certainly consider a rescue centre but I'm definitely after a puppy rather than an older dog.

I know some people think Irish staffie or long legged staffie refers to a Pit Bull. To be honest, I'll be going on the temperament of the parents when I buy a dog rather than worrying whether it's got any Pit in it. I know I want a larger staffie though rather than the smaller, stockier kind, which is why I say about wanting a long legged one.

I'm also not fussed about having KC papers as I won't be showing or breeding him. My current dog had no papers and is a staffie x and has been fantastic. No health problems and the best temperament you could ever wish for. He didn't come from a formal breeder and instead came from a family who decided to breed their dogs to as a hobby rather than a business. It's this kind of 'breeder' I'm hoping to find again so if anyone knows of any like this that'd be ideal.

Thanks again for the messages.
  8. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    You asked for a reputable breeder of long legged blue staffords.

I am sure your dog is just the best and you love it dearly as you should.

Someone who breeds on purpose a Stafford cross with no health tests regardless of KC Papers in this day and age can not be described as a responsible breeder by any stretch of the imagination.

Please go to a rescue I am sure you will be able to get a pup if thats what you want. May not be blue though.
  9. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    I am sure you may be worried if your Blue long legged IS , is caught up in the DDA restrictions and is seized for being type.
  10. K'Ehleyr

K'Ehleyr New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    It doesn't have to have any pb in it to be classed as one. In this country a pb is defined by a set of measurements.
  11. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    This is probably the second worst type of breeder (worst is puppy farmers) - people breeding their dogs 'just because'.

Thinking about breeding? Think about this...
  12. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    There are plenty of staff cross pups in rescue .
    The pup Azz posted and it sibling for one litter ..
  13. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Also if you get the dog from a well known rescue and it does happen to get seized by the police, it may work in your favour.
  14. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
  15. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    Now what can you ask for. If you want a long legged Staffords pup these pups are just perfect.
  16. Velvetboxers

Velvetboxers New Member

Name:
    Helen
    Post deleted ....
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2011
  17. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    I looked at the ad the pup is described as a L2 GHA pup, does that mean that pup has that condition, what ever it is :shock:
    Responsible ?
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2011
  18. Velvetboxers

Velvetboxers New Member

Name:
    Helen
    Dont get at me - all im trying to do is help this person - lets face it long legged staffs arent bred by very responsible breeders & no matter whats said here, the poster will make their own mind up:roll:
  19. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    I am not getting at you. The person I believe is going to get what they want but that advert is a joke.

The correct condition is L2 Hga. It is a nurological condition that can be avoided as there is a DNA test which will tell you if the dog is either a clear, carrier or affected. If your dog is affected it could lead to at the least a life time of medication or and early end to its life.

The advertiser clearly doesn't even know what it is and I don't believe anyone on here should be helping them to sell that pup to anyone.
  20. Velvetboxers

Velvetboxers New Member

Name:
    Helen
    Ok i will delete my post & you can delete my quoted post & then everyones happy
  21. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    The link has gone so alls good.