Brussels Griffon cross? Questions

Discussion in 'Griffon Bruxellois' started by annegangel40, Jan 26, 2012.

1. annegangel40

annegangel40 New Member

Name:
    Annie
    Borderdawn, I prefer that you no longer comment on this post or any of my posts in the future.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    its a public forum, so she can write whatever she wants, whether people want to hear it or not.
  4. annegangel40

annegangel40 New Member

Name:
    Annie
    Not if I report the posts.

There are posting rules.
  5. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    But from what I have seen she hasn't broken any posting rules.
  6. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    but the posting rules havent been broken?
  7. Laura-Anne

Laura-Anne New Member

Name:
    Laura
    annegangel if you really dont want to hear what a member has to say you can go on a members profile then add to ignore list. Im not 100% sure how it works though as have never felt the need to ignore anyone.

With regards to the cross I have no idea tbh but I'm sure you'll enjoy your dog either way. I often wonder what breeds are in my rescues, just out of curiosity nothing more. Wouldnt make a blind bit of difference what was in them they would still be my girls.
  8. WhichPets

WhichPets New Member

Name:
    WhichPets
    Looking at the pictures I think perhaps your friends suggestion that she's a brussles cross just refers to the way she has some long hair and a slightly pushed in face. However this could equally be from other breeds such as a pug, shih tzu or Lhasa apso.

When you have a dog that is a cross breed, generally (not always) the breeds are readily seen. Brussles are a far from common breed so I would imagine another cross is more likely.

Also your dog has quite long legs which makes things intriguing.

I think in reality even with a DNA test, the likelyhood of getting a difinitive answer is slim but it's always fun to ask. If I had a cross breed I would spend ages pondering it's potential origins!
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I think that the problem might be that the OP purchased what she thought was a Yorkie, possibly paying the going rate for Yorkies, then found out that the dog is a crossbreed.

Perhaps she wants to know what the mix is so she can contact the person who sold the dog as a Yorkie and make a complaint?
  10. annegangel40

annegangel40 New Member

Name:
    Annie
    Thank you for this information.
  11. annegangel40

annegangel40 New Member

Name:
    Annie
    Yes, she has very long legs. LOL
  12. Velvetboxers

Velvetboxers New Member

Name:
    Helen
    Well I had a look, have you had her trimmed at all? What age is she and did you see your pup with her Yorkie mum when you bought her?

Her head does appear quite broad not unlike a Shih Tzu however you would expect the coat to be profuse if she was a mix of those two

Looking at the longer legs altho hard to tell from photos - the body hair makes me ponder along the lines of a Border Terrier x. Google Yorkie x Border Terrier and see what you think

Have you voiced your concerns with her breeder and what was their response, did you get papers with her?

The little griffons are very small compact dogs not a lot bigger than Chihuahuas

I think she is gorgeous no matter what she is and would be most interested to hear the results of her tests

Of course she could be a cross between a larger Longer legged Yorkie and a smaller Yorkie mum in which case she is a full Yorkie despite her body coat or the sire or dam could be a Yorkie x

....and yes the ignore button comes in very handy at
    times:mrgreen:
  13. annegangel40

annegangel40 New Member

Name:
    Annie
    Hi, thanks for this thoughtful reply. I just became a member and I was getting ready to end my membership because of some of the replies I received. I thought this was a forum for helpful conversations from members.

But anyway, I got her from a lady who had to let her go because she moved into a apt. that did not allow dogs. Her vet papers says Yorkshire Terrier and I took her back to the same vet because her Rabies tag was missing and they informed me that she was listed as a Yorkie.
    I have looked at the border yorkie and she does look like them alot.

I did not get papers, I only paid a small rehoming charge for her. I love her regardless and I am not planning on getting rid of her. However, I am a very curious and investigative person and me wanting to know her breed is only for my personal knowledge. It will make never mind what she is, I just want to know.
    I hope this clears this up for some who is wondering why I want to know what her breed or breeds are.
  14. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Thanks, but I will comment on which ever I choose to. :grin: You can ignore them though which has been suggested to you. :grin:
  15. Velvetboxers

Velvetboxers New Member

Name:
    Helen
    ... And where would be the fun in that, missing a good argument with a good arguer (?sp).

:044: :044: :044:
  16. Velvetboxers

Velvetboxers New Member

Name:
    Helen
    It's your personal choice and up to you, it would be interesting to know so go for it, I would like to know too so don't forget to let us know the outcome. When are you thinking of getting it done?

I wouldn't let a loose comment or two on here annoy you. There are loads of other folks on here who are just first class and will by far out number anyone who may annoy.
    :lol:
  17. annegangel40

annegangel40 New Member

Name:
    Annie
    Maybe she is lonely???? LOL

However, Velvetboxers thanks for all your comments.

I am to blessed to be stressed!!!!!
  18. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Quite!! :mrgreen: Except I still cant see the issue. You have a mongrel, so what??:017: If you knew what the breed you allegedly wanted looked like there would be no issue would there!! ;-) :mrgreen:

Must get out more.......:016: :mrgreen: :005:
  19. annegangel40

annegangel40 New Member

Name:
    Annie
    Wow, you are hilarious.

Keep it coming.

I need some entertainment from the other side!!!!
  20. annegangel40

annegangel40 New Member

Name:
    Annie
    Well Borderdawn, I am on my way to church.

I will pray for you.
  21. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Thats very kind of you. :mrgreen: