Selling Staffies online - do they never learn Discussions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by Baxter8, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Baxter8

Baxter8 New Member

Name:
    Sandy (Baxter8 )
    God help us with the "oh soooo sweet puppies" brigade. They have no idea do they? - I can just imagine with my staffie that he was taken in as a puppy because he was "oh soooo sweet" but when he reached sexual maturity I have no doubt he turned into a complete nightmare and ended up being abandoned on the streets for the rescue kennels to pick him up.

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malpeki

Malpeki New Member

Name:
    Alexandra
    and what does better educated puppy buyer help, all of those puppies of "Whoops-throws" ?
    they would just end up as a shelter dog as well :?
  4. Malpeki

Malpeki New Member

Name:
    Alexandra
    Oh my, I can imagine :-(

but I bet your staffie was quite lucky, when he ended up at you :grin:

and well, they do not have any idea of what they are doing :?
  5. Malpeki

Malpeki New Member

Name:
    Alexandra
    of course not the pups when they are still to young

but everyone who got a pup should get forced by law, that they has to neuter them, when they get into the right age for

JMO
    even when mine isn't neutered, as it's still no law
    but I wouldn't mind if it would get, as anyway, I'm not going to breed with her
  6. Baxter8

Baxter8 New Member

Name:
    Sandy (Baxter8 )
    Hi Malpeki

I think he is very lucky to end up with us and I am VERY lucky to end up with him. He's a lovely boy - I love him. I just looked down the side of my chair and his head is in my handbag he's looking for some left over food!!

7. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Not sure why you would expect pups to be all of the above at 8 wks of age :017:

Its not a sign of a bad breeder if they don`t neuter/vaccinate or microchip their puppies before they sell them.

Some breeders will vaccinate and micro chip , but to neuter an 8wk old pup I don't think so !!:shock:
  8. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    if that was to happen, we would would soon have no dogs.......:017:
  9. Baxter8

Baxter8 New Member

Name:
    Sandy (Baxter8 )
    Yes I think you're right, I was thinking of adult rescues.

10. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Most already do !
  11. Baxter8

Baxter8 New Member

Name:
    Sandy (Baxter8 )
    I think virtually all adult rescues now are neutered. Certainly in my area they are. I think also in my area if you take a puppy you have to report within a certain period of time that they've been neutered, chipped and vaccinated. The rescue centre pay for it.

12. Malpeki

Malpeki New Member

Name:
    Alexandra
    well, sorry Jackbox, I just think, you didn't get my post :neutral:

and I'm not going to explain you every single thing how I'm thinking about :rolleyes:
  13. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally
    Agree,I don't think neutering is correct for every dog and it should be treated as an individual,not all owners who own entire dogs are irresponsible,my bitch had 3 season before been spayed and we still have an entire dog who is now 7 years old and has no issues whatsoever,I can't find one single argument as to why I should have him neutered.
  14. Gemini54

Gemini54 New Member

Name:
    jacquie
    Hi With the problems I have with my granddaughter,she bought a puppy the police told her they couldnt really do anything,as she didnt have a address,the mobile phone isnt working,obtaining monies by (forgotten the complete sentence) but the police have to have watertight evidence,a place where they do business etc.So really there is nothing we can do,so I admire the fact that you make a stand,one litter could be saved.
    Crystalgirl
  15. Baxter8

Baxter8 New Member

Name:
    Sandy (Baxter8 )
    Hi crystalgirl

Sadly I don't think I would have made any difference to her, both she and her friends sent me numerous abusive messages which I ignored, but she made the mistake of posting a particularly offensive picture showing an act of cruelty to a dog which I found really upsetting. Of course I wasn't the only person to see the picture, others did and glad to say she was reported. I have written a message (as have others on the site) to the site administrator asking that animals shouldn't be sold on this social networking site.

I also asked that air-guns shouldn't be sold because so many dogs and cats have been injured by these repellent weapons.

We'll ssee what happens

16. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    That's ok, I will just reply to what I see you write :rolleyes:
  17. Tang

Tang New Member

Name:
    Pat
    Have to agree with every point Jackbox makes here. Methinks something may have been lost in translation Malpeki? I'd have thought it highly unlikely that 8wk old pups were routinely microchipped too.

We see enough posts on here asking about microchipping for older dogs - from responsible owners.
  18. Gemini54

Gemini54 New Member

Name:
    jacquie
    Hi I used to be involved with various Animal rights when I was a lot younger,and one of the Activists used to boast about releasing the Mink which are detrimental to our countryside,and she was regarded with awe and was invited to speak at various uni's,because at the time people didnt have the awareness that we have now of the damage these critters caused,so what I am trying to say people will gradually wake up about the cruelty caused by puppy farming and something will happen hopefully an addition to the dangerous dogs act,but I still applaud you crystalgirl
  19. Baxter8

Baxter8 New Member

Name:
    Sandy (Baxter8 )
    REALLY I mean really? I start a thread on staffies being sold online and the seniors pick on the semantics of other posters whose first language is not English and then hijack the thread as to the minute details of when to microchip or neuter.

Jeeeeeeeezz
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2013
  20. zoeyvonne

zoeyvonne New Member

Name:
    zoe
    She posted pics of animal abuse :( my heart bleeds. Just had a bad attack here from a staffi Pitt cross on a ckc, proper thug owner who's dog was obviously trained to fight, gave fake id, why would anyone in their right mind sell a puppy to an idiot like that, makes me sick, when found the dog will be Pts but he won't care cos they are 10 a penny on freeads
  21. Malpeki

Malpeki New Member

Name:
    Alexandra
    well, isn't that funny?
    and then Tangutica even turns it that way, as I ever had said, that I would like 8 weeks old pups were routinely microchipped too?
    but I never ever said that ;-)

strange :017:

:042: