Selling Staffies online - do they never learn Discussions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by Baxter8, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Malpeki

Malpeki New Member

Name:
    Alexandra
    who said neutering for every dog is correct? :017:

I am also no irresponsible owner of an entire dog

my bitch also isn't spayed, as I also doesn't have any problems with her by that
    but how can you separate the wheat from the chaff, if not by law?

I just mean, people who wanna breed should need to get a permission for, that they would have to prove an proper vet check of their dogs, they wanna breed with
    that both of them has no heritable genetic issues
    that they should have to take a class, for getting educated about everything they would need to know about breeding

and peeps who are not ready to get through all of that, their dogs should get forced by law, that their dogs has to get neutered/spayed

so I think, only that will, maybe just a few, but it will reduce those irresponsible "breeders"
    that right those peeps who are just thinking
    "well, I have a lovely bitch, my neighbour/friend or someone has a lovely male dog, just let mate her...
    lovely pups and some easy money making..."

selling online for cheap money...

or any irresponsible "breeders" for the same reason of making easy money

did you get the point now? also jachbox maybe? or whoever who didn't understand my statement about?

of course, everyone of us responsible dog owners had to suffer from such kind of law
    but if it would help to at least reduce those "breeders" and the suffering of those "unbeloved" puppies / dogs, I would be ready for it
    wont you?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malpeki

Malpeki New Member

Name:
    Alexandra
    ...and for those, who will just ignore that law, they should get a "nicely" fine (I mean a quite high fine ;-) ) what should has to get to the dog shelters / rescues, as their will still be needed more money for to help other dogs
    getting out of other countries where they just doesn't care about at all :-(
  4. Gemini54

Gemini54 New Member

Name:
    jacquie
    Hi I thinkyou are missing the original posters message,was he saw a litter of staff pups, in another forum,he felt,as most dog lovers would be inappropiate,and he felt he had a duty to do something about it,its not about spaying or castration, it was about an unreliable breeder full stop.If it had been about spaying, it wasnt mentioned in his original post, but just for the record,I would always spay a non breeding bitch,because horrendous things can happen.I have seen elderly bitch's with their elderly owners,full of mammory tumours which have to be removed,womb infections etc some I cant even spell.In my book being a responsible dog owner means you do not want your beloved pet to suffer or lose their life if you could have done something to prevent this.I think you should read more books about Female dogs and a lot of them quote terrible figures about leaving a dog unspayed.If you are lucky to not have problems fine at this time it is because she is still at breeding ageit is when they get older that there could be concerns, but I would never risk it,my dogs are precious to me.crystalgirl
  5. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    You did , you said

Language barrier taken into account, it still reads as its wrote down, , that you feel ALL DOGS should be neutered and owners are forced to do so.

If that's not what you meant then we cant be blamed for misinterpreting the translation.

If the above is what you wanted to say but did`nt, then I agree with some of it, but not all!!
  6. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Bitches are at breeding age till they die.....there is no cut off point in age when a bitch is no longer fertile, as long as she has seasons she can have puppies, and a bitch will have seasons till she dies , no matter her age.

She is in as much danger (or not ) of having pyometra or mammary cancer at 2 as she is at 10.
  7. Gemini54

Gemini54 New Member

Name:
    jacquie
  8. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally
    Agree,my bitch had Pyo at 20 months.
  9. Malpeki

Malpeki New Member

Name:
    Alexandra
    okay, then we will leave it here? :)
  10. Malpeki

Malpeki New Member

Name:
    Alexandra
    Jesus, now I'm really confused :101:

and sorry Baxter8 for once more hijacking your threat

but I never heard about those cancer problems of unspayed bitches and even here, it seems in this point opinions differ.
  11. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Its not about scoring points, its all about correcting misinformation for anyone reading this thread, you gave the impression pyometra and MT can only affect an older bitch, this is not true it can affect a bitch at any age.

A bitch will have seasons throughout her life, she can mate and give birth throughout her life (no matter her age) and she can have a pyo at any age throughout her life ,she can also suffer from MT through her life, that does not mean she will but she could.

Its important to give the correct information ..
  12. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Opinion s may differ , but the facts are the facts.

its also important to note, that spaying a bitch will not save her from MT , a spayed bitch could still suffer from them.
  13. Baxter8

Baxter8 New Member

Name:
    Sandy (Baxter8 )
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

I don't know why she posted the vile picture of dog abuse - I'm not sure why she would have done that, it didn't exactly warm people to her!

14. Gemini54

Gemini54 New Member

Name:
    jacquie
    Hi I have only seen MT on older bitches,I also sent a link to show as a bitch gets older the percentage goes up,I didnt think I needed to spell out that bitches continue to have seasons.Anyway I didnt want to get embroiled in a discussion about spaying or not,I wanted to save the OP thread when he was discussing about non responsible owners breeding more staffs when shelters are full,Agroup of us in Wales (joe public) have got an addition through to the consultive stage because we hammered on doors,sent petitions,it has got through to the Solicitor stage,which means we hope that our addition to the dangerous dog act will be through the end of this year not 2016 as Westminster has quoted,which means puppies will have to be microchipped if an owner takes that puppy to a vet,and it is not,then enquiries will be made of where the puppies came from,this info should be passed to RSPCA or PDSA ,and hopefully this will mean less puppies being bred if the breeders havent microchipped a heavy fine will result. Going back to the OP I feel that his thread has been hijacked,he was making a valid point about people breeding litters for commercial reasons not because of their love of the breed.crystalgirl
  15. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    Why would you want information on unchipped pups passed to the RSPCA or PDSA. What would you expect them to do about it.
  16. Gemini54

Gemini54 New Member

Name:
    jacquie
    Hi because if they came from litters that are not genuine,those people don't worm or vaccinate and will not want to shell out £25 per puppy,but if a person buys a puppy,they most of the time will we hope approach a vet,and when it is discovered no micro chip which by then will be legal,questions willbe asked. crystalgirl
  17. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    But the RSPCA and the PDSA have not legal right to ask those questions or to enforce anything regarding lack of Microchips.
    If either knocked on my door to ask questions they have no more legal right for those questions to be answered than you if you knocked on my door.

I have heard that some organisations such as PDSA will not or will in the future will not treat any dog not microchipped.

That will do nothing to change the behaviour of any type of breeder.
  18. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    Yes it is the dogs that need treating that wil suffer, and it isn't their fault that they weren't chipped.
    I have also seen somewhere or other that either the PDSA or RSPCA aren't going to treat unneutered staffies anymore, or something similar to that, can't quite remember the gist of it.
  19. Gemini54

Gemini54 New Member

Name:
    jacquie
    Hi both governments Westminster and the National Assembley,have been looking at various ways of enforcing a law that would help dogs welfare,In northern ireland they have a dog licence,but the cost of administering that means that Councils have to pay for a Dog Warden.I am happy that something is going to happen,because the situation cant go on.If you can think of something then be my guest and put your ideas through we are part of Dogsey because we care for dogs and there welfare, so anything howver small that benefits dogs gets my vote crystalgirl
  20. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    Ireland may have a dog license but their dog welfare is no better than ours, some may say worse than ours.

Dogs are being rescued from Ireland and shipped over here filling places in our rescues.
    I personaly would fight tooth and nail against the RSPCA having any legal powers and even having unlimited acces to a data base that held my information.

I have no problem with Micro Chipping and I now microchip my puppies before they go to their new homes. But the last organisation I would want to have free access to that information is the RSPCA.
  21. Stamford

Stamford New Member

Name:
    Steve
    Not strictly true Baxter, I think that a large majority of the donation goes towards the operation.

Back on topic, you will always get these churn them out and sell them on merchants for as long as you have idiots that buy them. It's the would be owners that need educating. There are some very reputable Stafford breeders around. But your point about rescuing is very valid, I was lucky and found a puppy in our local rescue. We wanted a pet so it was ideal. But other responsible breeders need to have the papers if they want to show or later breed from the pup if it is an outstanding dog. If I wanted to sell my puppies (not that I have ever bred my dogs), I would probably advertise everywhere, so maybe I cannot be two faced and moan about this woman.