Hinks Bull Terrier/Old Tyme Bull Terrier Photos

Discussion in 'Bull Breeds Forum' started by Kitkat_, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie
    GsdSlave likes this.

Hinks Bull Terrier/Old Tyme Bull Terrier

Well havent really looked into the breed until Azz asked me about them so I have been reading up about them. Think I may have found someone in the UK that breeds the old working type BT/Hink BT. His name is Lyndon Ingles so I am going to have a good search around on the interwebs later. Thinking of maybe breeding them seeing as their probably isnt many in the country. Will see if I can get a dog first. Here is a couple of pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a couple of Lyndon Ingles dogs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    I'm sure someone posted pictures of some on here about a year or so ago.

I think they are stunning dogs.
  4. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie
    GsdSlave and Meg like this.
    I agree they are stunning. I love all the athletic dogs that look like they could do some good work. The very athletic APBT's are my favourite :007:

Here is my favourite 2 Hink BT I have seen so far. Just the right mix of the old and new BT :007:

[​IMG]
  5. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
  6. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    They look a lot like the English bull terrier .
  7. Bonni

Bonni Member

Name:
    Bonni
    There are some unscrupulous people breeding "old tyme" dogs of various breeds so you have to be very careful.
  8. Faustino

Faustino Member

Name:
    Ken Shounta
    Janet and Azz like this.
    This is my Bullterrier having a run out last year. Going to get some more vids soon

I'd be curious to know if he'd be considered "Old Tyme" or a more modern day example.
  9. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Faustino likes this.
    He's certainly leggier than the BTs these days Ken, so yes I'd say he might well be considered old tyme. He's a great looking dog, and it's brilliant to see owners getting fit with their dogs as well - I reckon that makes it much more enjoyable for the dog :)

Not sure if you know, but short sprints like that are very VERY good for you :023: (Look up Tabata sprints if you are not familiar with them).

I look forward to seeing more photos and vids soon!
  10. Faustino

Faustino Member

Name:
    Ken Shounta
    Cheers Azz! yep, I'm all about the sprints...mountain biking, hill sprints, kettlebell sprints etc. They can keep their long, steady distance... except for hiking. I'm in better shape now heading into my mid-forties than I ever was as a youngster killing myself with mileage...and it's more fun for the dogs. Thanks!
  11. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Faustino likes this.
    He's a fabulous looking dog! My Standard Poodle plays with an 'ordinary' English Bull Terrier and yours does look different. Did you get to see his parents?
  12. Faustino

Faustino Member

Name:
    Ken Shounta
    Thanks Janet! Yeah, his parents were awesome looking, very athletic types and that was what made me interested in a pup out of that breeding as I was after exactly that sort of stamp of a dog!
  13. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Good stuff Ken - totally agree about running marathons, not great for the joints!

Btw, what do you think of the Gull Terrs? I have a huge soft spot for them - I could quite easily adopt the two in the vid in this thread: http://www.forum.breedia.com/threads/gull-terr-hinks-bull-terrier.12186 :lol:

When you get a moment, please post a dedicated photo/video thread for your Bull Terrier :D
  14. Faustino

Faustino Member

Name:
    Ken Shounta
    Azz and Malka like this.
    IMG_2029.JPG IMG_2104.JPG
    We got some footage today of my boy running with me when I was out on the bike and I'll try to edit it and get it up on You Tube as soon as I get some time:023:

I like agile, athletic dogs so those Gull Terrs are nice alright. My take is that they tend to have EBT at their base with some local terriers in the mix. I can't for the life of me believe that they're some pure strain still going strong out there all these generations later. Certainly nice dogs and I'm a big fan of working mutts (got a Dogo/Pit cross amongst others here among my crew) so whatever they are, I like 'em!
  15. Faustino

Faustino Member

Name:
    Ken Shounta
    Azz likes this.
    The top photo is Faustino showing off his balancing skills and the white girl below is my beautiful mutt resting up after a 10 km run up in the mountains by my bike
  16. BRY@N

BRY@N New Member

Name:
    BRYAN
    Tengo esa raza de perro, son animales hermosos.

Attached Files: