Gundogs galore! Photos

Discussion in 'Gundog Forum' started by x-clo-x, Jul 23, 2012.

1. marianne38

marianne38 New Member

Name:
    marianne morris
    6JRT's likes this.
    [​IMG]

Bella my Nova Scotia Duck Toller, at the Witterings
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. samson13

samson13 New Member

Name:
    Colin
    Going for the kill !

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2012
  4. spaniel04

spaniel04 New Member

Name:
    H
    6JRT's likes this.
    This is Murffi. My first cocker (always had springers), the first dog that I didn't have from a pup, he was rehomed to me when he was a year old and the first dog I have completely clicker trained as a shooting dog!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is him getting his favourite reward after a good retrieve - a piece of hot dog. :grin:
  5. Jet&Copper

Jet&Copper

Name:
    Annette
    Love Murffi! :grin:
  6. Jacqui4paws

Jacqui4paws New Member

Name:
    Jacqui
    My 10yro English Springer, Millie, and almost 4yro cross Maddy. Am told her mum was a German Shorthaired Pointer and dad was an Irish Setter. 1510583_10200488167726632_2072446273_n.jpg
  7. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    What an elegant dog Maddy is ( and Millie is gorgeous too of course, as are all Springers!)

Never come across a GSP/Irish Setter cross before, but it certainly produces a stunning dog if Maddy is anything to go by.
  8. Jacqui4paws

Jacqui4paws New Member

Name:
    Jacqui
    6JRT's, Azz and CaroleC like this.
    I thought the same as you Janet - never seen a GSP/Irish Setter cross before. Maddy was born in Ireland and came to me via Many Tears Animal Rescue, and having looked at their site from time to time since, pointer and setter crosses do seem to crop up fairly regularly.

Maddy was part of a litter of 11 pups, all carbon copies of Maddy. Her mum and 4 siblings were handed into rescue, when the owner couldn't rehome them himself. Maddy had been rehomed, but was found soon afterwards abandoned in woods, and taken to the local pound. When the MT foster carer went to collect her, she realised she must've come from the litter she already had.

Maddy is such a sweet girl, and easily charms everyone she meets :049:

2012-05-22 07.53.11.jpg
  9. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    I hope all the pups and mum ended up in good homes.

The owner of the bitch should have advertised them as a designer breed with some silly name like 'Gersetts' and charged a fortune for them! (And they would have been worth it too!).
  10. Jacqui4paws

Jacqui4paws New Member

Name:
    Jacqui
    6JRT's and Janet like this.
    Ha, yes, a designer name would have done the trick, and yes all pups and mum were successfully homed. I think we adopters got lucky, as I know I have certainly ended up with a gem of a dog :)
  11. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
  12. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Looks as if they're both enjoying their work.

I had a dummy for my last Standard Poodle. I must get another one - the poodle and cocker will enjoy retrieving it, and I'll be interested to see what the Chihuahua makes of it!
  13. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    You can get little mini ones :)
  14. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    CaroleC and 6JRT's like this.
    No - I've given up getting things in different sizes! He far prefers to tackle the big boys's bones, toys etc. And I often find Pepe the big poodle squashed into a tiny Chihuaua sized bed, while Chico will be on the giant bed surrounded by everything he's managed to pick up and carry.
  15. Jacqui4paws

Jacqui4paws New Member

Name:
    Jacqui
    Awww, they're both lovely, and obviously enjoying themselves....could easily snaffle little Mij though ;)
  16. fieldy

fieldy Member

Name:
    Ju
    Do they bring any pheasants back??!!!!