Rescue home first Scotties Rescue

Discussion in 'Scottish Terrier' started by 6JRT's, Oct 21, 2014.

1. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u

Rescue home first Scotties

I been working at The Rescue Home for 28 years & in that time the home as never had a Scottie in, that is until tonight the local police has handed in 2 Scotties, but one is white & is definitely not a Westie, its got same square long snout as the black one, can't get to look at them now as they gone straight to the quarantine holding block, to be settled in for the night & it will be Sunday now before I get to see them again, that is unless they are claimed before then by their owners.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Interesting. I can remember Scotties were quite common when I was little, but I rarely see them now.

I tend to think of them as always being black, but I know I have seen light coloured ones at dog shows.

Hope they are reunited with their owner, or that they quickly find a new home.
  4. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    You've said Scottie's and westies, which are they.
  5. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    No they are Scotties but one is White but is not a Westie
  6. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    We need to see pics Tina :lol:
  7. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Taken from the breed standard...

Scottish terriers are not just black, so I don`t understand why you would say......... 2 Scotties , but ones white but its not a Westie :017:

Why not contact breed rescue to ask for their help in rehoming them, shame the people who gave them up did not do that or contact the breeder.
  8. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    CaroleC and Janet like this.
    Quick up date both Scotties have chips took some finding [1 was under armpit left front paw, other one on tummy] they are listed as stolen/missing on pet log data base, owner been informed we have them & is coming to pick them up this afternoon/early evening,

@Jackie I didn't realise that Scotties come in different colours I thought they only came in black, that's why I put one's white but not a Westie.
  9. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    6JRT's likes this.
    Great news about finding the owners! I had a feeling that they wouldn't have just been abandoned.

I think the majority of people think Scotties are always black - I know I would have done so if I didn't go to dog shows - and a lot of people would guess that if it was white, it must be a Westie!
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    I am so pleased that their owner has been traced and will be collecting them! :)

As for the migrating microchips - the vet nurses must think I am nuts as every time I take Pereg to the surgery I ask them to check her chip in case it has migrated! :D
  11. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    6JRT's likes this.
    We have a lot of scotties at work. Had no idea they could be any colour but black though.
  12. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Have asked the yard manager to try take couple of photo's of the Scotties.
    Needless to say owner is delighted in getting them both back.
  13. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Owners & Scotties are now reunited, the owners told yard manager that they were taken from Shireoaks Marina on Sunday 19th they said both were wearing harnesses & collars with tags when they were at the marina, but they found the harnesses & collars, on Gate Ford road so they immediately contacted the police rspca dog wardens & their local paper plus they put stolen pages up on social network sites.

The police have said the dogs were dumped in a restaurant car-park & there is CCTV showing the vehicle pulling in & chucking the dogs out, then speeding off, the CCTV as captured the vehicle reg, the police at first thought it was the owners dumping the dogs, which we now know is not the case, it does seemed the dogs were too hot to keep, so it looks like the dognappers were the ones dumping the dogs.
  14. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    I bet both dogs and owners were delighted to be reunited again! :)

If the CCTV picked up the vehicle registration, I hope that the dognappers are caught, although if they stole the dogs maybe the vehicle was also stolen?
  15. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    6JRT's likes this.
    A happy ending - I bet those owners won't let the dogs out of their sight from now on!
  16. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Foreign number plates Malka so dont have any idea if vehicle is registered.
    I do know that the police RSPCA & dog wardens are raiding travellers site & removing the dogs & cats, not sure why yet, but they have removed 4 Bengal cats & 3 Siamese cats from one site along with 10 dogs.
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Tina, if the plates were genuine and not switched, the vehicle must have been taken into the UK by ferry or the tunnel, in which case would there not be any record of it entering the UK?

I know that when I took my children touring and camping in France many years ago [we went by Hovercraft], the registration number of my van was listed on the Hovercraft passenger and vehicle list in case I was stopped or broke down for any reason in France - or, Heaven forfend, had an accident, the vehicle could be traced back to me via the DVLA or whatever it was in those days.
  18. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    GsdSlave likes this.
    @Malka your talking about England they dont know how many illegal immigrant are here, let alone illegal vehicles.
  19. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    @6JRT's - you can tell I left England a very long time ago :oops: :D

Seriously though, surely a vehicle that is registered in a different country cannot just enter the UK with no note of it? Or can it?

I mean it cannot just walk off a plane or a ferry, can it.

We have illegals here, but human illegals, not illegal vehicles. Well vehicles are illegal if they are not tested/taxed/insured etc, but not vehicles with foreign numberplates.
  20. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    @Maka oh yes we have thousands of illegal vehicles on our roads.
    If your vehicle staying in England then you must register vehicle, I will guess 7 in every 10 don't register their vehicles because of
    1- they will have to tax car with a English road tax (not sure how that works now seeing we don't have tax disc anymore)
    2- They will have to insure vehicles with a English insurance company.
    3- They would have to inform the DVLC so a English log book can be sent out (think its £36 - £65 to register a vehicle)

So most don't register vehicles so they can stay under the radar, meaning they can drive around tax free & uninsured
  21. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    they know what vehicles are here, well the anpr computer does as it records them automatically but they dont do an anpr search without good cause. so basically if they wanted to look for it they could quite easily and see all the areas it has been tagged and flag it so they get notified next time its spotted. But this all takes man hours and effort