Is Pepe the biggest wimp in the world? Behaviour

Discussion in 'Poodle (Standard)' started by Janet, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Janet, Malka and CaroleC like this.
    During the months Georgina suffered from poor eyesight it was impossible to walk her because she'd freak out at the slightest sound and try to bolt. I was really worried that she'd always be that way,but since her sight has been normal, strange noises and sights no longer worry her and having Gwylim has also helped because he's such a confident little man.

I'm afraid though that yesterday afternoon Gwylim rather blotted his copy book! The only thing that's left in my veggie patches is a small, solitary cabbage which I thought I might as well pick. I collected my secateurs, called the dogs and we headed up the garden. Gwylim arrived first at the veggie patch and before I could stop him, he cocked his leg ..... and PEED all over my cabbage! Don't fancy eating it now, so it'll end up on the compost heap!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    :eek: How very naughty of the little Prince :eek:
    :044: :043::044:
  4. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    I remember seeing a gardening programme where the guy had saved buckets of his own wee to add to the compost heap, because it apparently speeds up the process. So perhaps the peed-upon cabbage will be good for the compost heap!

A couple of weeks ago tiny Chico struggled out into the garden with one of my slippers (not that I've got big feet I hasten to add - it's just that he is very little!) I didn't mind that, but I was annoyed that when he triumphantly put his trophy down, he cocked his leg over it.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Janet likes this.
    Father used to "water" the rhubarb last thing before he went to bed, although he swore blind that he was "watering" the compost heap. The original crown was well fertilised by Father following the horse-drawn milkman's cart with a shovel and bucket and oh did it flourish, ending up as quite a large patch. Luckily we all loved rhubarb and I have never tasted rhubarb as good as that since he died and Mother had the large vegetable/fruit patch grassed over.

Come to think of it I have not had any rhubarb for over 30 years as I have never seen any here. :089:

[I do not miss the gooseberries, raspberries and blackcurrents he grew though - well, maybe the blackcurrents a bit]
  6. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Malka likes this.
    Ooh, rhubarb! That brings back memories. We had rhubarb in our back garden - my father once told an old lady down the road that she was very welcome to help herself whenever she wanted. I think she must have lived on rhubarb from that day on because there was never any left over for us!

We've got raspberries growing in our garden here - I do love soft fruit, perhaps I'll try gooseberries (my favourite type of jam) and blackcurrants. I did have some blueberry bushes, but this year my husband accidentally cut one down and so we got no fruit from the other one because you need two for cross pollination. And I never got blueberries from my previous garden because the birds always got to them first!
  7. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Janet and Malka like this.
    Rhubarb yummy I grow it in large 4 foot plant pots (stops it from over taking my garden) & as everyone knows that you must only pick fresh rhubarb in months that have R in, never did find out why that is
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    @Janet - how did we get from your OP about Pepe to rhubarb? :017:
  9. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    I blame Barbara!
  10. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    6JRT's and Janet like this.
    'Snuffink to do with me. :102: it's all that sneaky Schnauzer's fault! :077:
  11. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Awwww poor little Prince Schnauzer getting the blame :rolleyes: