Lhasa Apso cross longhaired Mini Dachshund Photos

Discussion in 'Dachshund (Long Haired)' started by janie, May 27, 2006.

1. doggoneluvable

doggoneluvable New Member

Name:
    Brooke
    Don't know much about the hip thing... but I agree he is adorable!!

Some more pics of Libby at 3 years old:
    Bath Time
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Doing her favorite things.... burrowing and sleeping:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    My Mums cav does that orange thing her fur goes a random pinky orange colour every now and then, she is lovely.
  4. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    she is beautiful... i showed the 3rd & 4th pics to my son and he thought it WAS Mia..
  5. MzDark

MzDark New Member

Name:
    ALICIA
    Hi, I have a lhasa daschund mix. I was wondering how much does yours weigh now? Thanks so much!

Alicia
  6. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    Mia has just turned 5 years old.. and weighs about 7KG (15 1/2 LBs)

[​IMG]
  7. WeLoveBACHO

WeLoveBACHO New Member

Name:
    Bacho's Mama
    Hi!!! this might sound funny but I think our dogs are twins!!! lol jk... i know they're not but they look exactly alike! I had to look twice to make sure... I have an older picture of my doggie Bacho when he was about 2 months...he is now 6 months old and looks much like the picture in the one with you holding him! My dog's mom was a lhasa and his dad was a dachund/terrier mix... I'm going to post more recent pictures as soon as I can. But it was nice to see another cute pie out there. Jimmie is adorable!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  8. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    He is absolutely gorgeous.. very much like my Mia as a baby. More pics are definitely welcome :mrgreen:
  9. Diddy

Diddy New Member

Name:
    sabina
    Hello there!! This is Mia's brother Diddys owner Sabina. We lost contact when my email was changed etc. Hope u see this email and get back in touch. Diddy is fine, hope Mia is too!!
  10. Diddy

Diddy New Member

Name:
    sabina
  11. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    fab to hear from you and Diddy again Sabina :eek:) I`ve e-mailed you.
  12. dogzlady

dogzlady New Member

Name:
    Treesah
    Has anyone had experience with Lhasa/Longhair Doxie cross puppies? Just wondering about size, health and temperament.

Dogzlady, Arizona
  13. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    Hi dogzlady,
    As with any cross.. you can never be sure of appearance, temperament or health issues.. as it`s a biological lottery of what they get from each parent.

Mia is the same cross as you mentioned in your post, mum was a Lhasa Apso and dad was a long haired miniature Dachshund.

I am only in contact with one of Mia`s siblings.. between them they look very much alike... but her brother is a lot bigger than Mia. She`s more mini dachshund size, where as Diddy is more Lhasa size.

Mia had Cherry Eye at about 10 months old, which had to be operated on. The vet says this is an inherited condition. Mia also had back problems a year ago... this was caused be external injury.. and thankfully she`s back to normal... but the vet also stated the Dachshund in her will make her susceptible to back problems.

Diddy had operations on both knees... from what i think was Luxating patellas.

So you need to be aware of health issues in both breeds in the cross. Mixed breed are definitely not more healthy or hardy than a well bred health tested pure bred dog.

This was Mia and one of her brothers at about 6 weeks old.
    [​IMG]

This is Mia..
    [​IMG]

and Diddy..
    [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2011
  14. dogzlady

dogzlady New Member

Name:
    Treesah
    Unfortunately, those health issues arise in purebreds also. I would, of course, try to get puppies from healthy parents, but you never know what may be lurking.

Thanks for the reply. Dogzlady
  15. IloveCaspian

IloveCaspian New Member

Name:
    Ashley
    I have a Lhasa/Dachshund too :) I was really excited when I saw this. Caspian's mother is Lhasa/Dachshund and his dad is Lhasa. He is by far the best dog I have ever had. My parents have his sister from the next litter too.
  16. Libby01858

Libby01858 New Member

Name:
    Libby
    I have a dachshund cross Lhasa apso. She is called ruby and is 6 months old. I got her when she was 13 weeks from a breeder.
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Please note that this thread was started 7½ years ago. :)
  18. Tang

Tang New Member

Name:
    Pat
    Libby this thread was started about seven years ago!

Welcome to Dogsey!

If you post in the new members section I am sure you will get a lot more welcomes!
  19. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    I haven't been around lately... Mia is now 8 and a half years old and is still going great.

It would be lovely to see pics of your guys IloveCaspian and Libby01858. Please feel free to add pics to this thread or to the Picture section of the forum. It's always lovely to see pics of the same cross.

This is a couple of Mia taken a few weeks ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Mia is looking wonderful! :007:
  21. Maryj

Maryj New Member

Name:
    Maryj