Dutch Shepherd Breeders UK General Chat

Discussion in 'Dutch Shepherd Dog' started by Azz, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz

Dutch Shepherd Breeders UK

Probably a little too soon for me to start looking, but seeing as Marc (@Dutch2012) has joined and mentioned litters it might be worth starting a thread to put together a list of Dutch Shepherd Breeders in the UK.

Marc - are you breeding yourself? Know of many others in the UK?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Dutch2012

Dutch2012 New Member

Name:
    Dutch
    Moobli, CaroleC and Azz like this.
    Thanks Azz,
    A good idea, if your looking for a Herder, is be prepared to be patient, you might not get the dog that you want on the first attempt. This breed is very sought after because of the qualities they possess. The males more so than the bitches for the security industry and sports world. Many litters will have all the males sold before they have even been born with a waiting list for the next covering. However, Caveat Emptor, let the buyer beware, there are a lot of backyard breeders seeing the potential for this breed, seeing the pound signs and turning out dogs willy nilly. The key to this breed and breeders is research research research. Get on the forums and ask around, a lot of people are passionate about this breed and will advise you who is good and who is not, I will refrain from mentioning names in this post.
    I have spent the last 3 years looking for my ideal bitch to put to my boy and I have finally found what I am looking for. I will be having a litter in the coming months.
    Regards
    Marc
  4. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    CaroleC likes this.
    Thanks for the info Marc. We hope to launch our (ethical) breeders directory soon so hopefully a few will list in that.

I really like the look of your dog! So I may be interested in the litter. Though in all honesty it is doubtful I will be ready as I am moving house this year (hopefully!).

Do you have photos of the bitch?

I would also rather be patient, and put my name down early to get 'pick of the litter' when I was eventually ready. Although It wouldn't actually be pick of the litter, it would be whichever dog picked me - that's what Rocky did and I wouldn't want it any other way.

What kind of health testing is recommended for the breed currently?
  5. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Azz likes this.
    Northumbria Police recently had a couple of Dutchies looking for new homes. I think they have both gone now though.
  6. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Do you have any photos Kirsty? Am curious!
  7. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Hang on, I will see if I can find the link ...
  8. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Azz likes this.
  9. Dutch2012

Dutch2012 New Member

Name:
    Dutch
    Azz likes this.
    I will upload pictures when on my pc. I can't do it on my mobile.
    There has been no serious health issues with the breed so far with regards to hereditary defects.
  10. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Azz likes this.
    Elmhaus also breed Dutch Shepherds, as well as some fab working line GSD, so might also be worth consideration.

http://www.elmhausgsd.co.uk/
  11. Dutch2012

Dutch2012 New Member

Name:
    Dutch
    Azz likes this.
    Hello, sorry for the extended absence from the site!
    We are proud to announce that we have a litter of xhh puppies from the mating of BRN 23934 and 24727. Ducco II, Tommy, Wibo and other well known dogs in their lineage.
    Sire is an operational Police Dog in Yorkshire.
    The litter is 3 weeks old and coming along lovely. Pups have all been put through early neurological stimulation.
    We will be taking viewings over the next couple of weeks.
    If anyone is interested in a viewing please or to discuss further please contact me by PM on here or mobile, (phone number removed as all pups are now sold). 1503_untitled_001.JPG
    This litter is located in East Yorkshire.
    Thanks
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
  12. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Ooo puppies - have you got photos of the parents Marc?
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
  13. Dutch2012

Dutch2012 New Member

Name:
    Dutch
    Azz likes this.
    This is Nina
    9a3858cba3492f74db451c58f5b5a248.jpg 645d713e469628e91ec9671f5f009420.jpg 0a39e02fba6d021513ca6c0607526f9e.jpg
  14. Liv1509

Liv1509 New Member

Name:
    Olivia
    Hi
    I'm new to this site, and a previous owner of an amazing Malinois, who I had to say goodbye to last year. I am moving to the UK in December and am thinking of getting a Dutch Shepherd next year. I'd love to do IPO and/or competitive obedience, but I understand that the breed is not recognised by the UK Kennel Club. Is it possible to compete without this? And can anyone recommend a breeder - either in the UK or Europe.
  15. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    You are right, the Dutch Shepherd is not recognised by the KC, so there is no breed register for them. However, there is an Activity register for performance and service dogs, and inclusion on this register covers them for entry in all types of KC canine sports competitions.
    I'm sorry I can't help with a DS breeder. Puppies seem to be thin on the ground, and I suspect that demand is exceeding supply. Perhaps enquire within the IPO community when you get here.
  16. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    @Liv1509
    Maybe @Dutch2012 (above) would be good person to give you some guidance - if he didn't mind that is.
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    @CaroleC - the only problem with your suggestion is that @Dutch2012 has not been back to Breedia since November 2015.
  18. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Azz likes this.
    I was hoping that some activity on his thread might provoke a response. I did notice that his earlier contact details had been removed. Always a chance that he has another litter planned though.
  19. Liv1509

Liv1509 New Member

Name:
    Olivia
    Thanks very much. I'll contact some working dog people when I get there. And pray that someone has a litter at the right time :)
  20. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    If he has email notification, although I am not sure whether it exists on Breedia, and assuming he has the same registration email address, then he would receive an email informing him that there had been activity on his thread.

Hopefully he will see this and be able to help.
  21. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Azz and Malka like this.
    It does exist. I get email notification for replies to threads that I have contributed to.

@Liv1509 Have you tried looking whether there is a Working Trial or IPO training club near to where you will live? If so, it might be worth an exploratory email.
    There is also a Working Trials Info site, (our KC Working Dog sport), but I have had a look, and there are no Dutch puppies advertised at present.
    @Azz I hope it is OK to suggest this. It isn't a forum.