Mouse pitures from today Photos

Discussion in 'Mastiff' started by LMost, Jul 4, 2016.

1. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost

Mouse pitures from today

Been working on tightening up a little bit. Though he seems to have gained a few pounds according to treat place and PetSmart scales, will waiting till we can stop Tuesday at vets to be sure.

Not the best quality pictures but the show body shape decently.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    LMost likes this.
    It seems like the less I feed Nigredo, the fatter he gets. Mouse looks okay - not fat, not slim. I personally don't like my dogs to look SKINNY like my previous dog did, but he couldn't gain any weight no matter what I did so I just dealt with people calling him "anorexic". Better skinny than fat.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    LMost likes this.
    I think Mouse looks pretty good - heavy yes but I would not say that he is fat. The problem using different scales is that you cannot be sure that all the scales are calibrated properly, or to the same degree.

Apart from the one time Tikva went to the surgery [to be spayed] and was weighed on their scales, she is always weighed on mine - which is three-monthly for the Parkworm vaccine, the amount of which goes by her exact weight. I put the scales on the same floor tile in my ensuite each time, Michal picks her up and weighs the pair of them together, puts Tikva down and then weighs herself. By deducting her weight from that of the two of them she gets Tikki's weight.

Same scales all the time, in exactly the same place, therefore there should be no variation. Whether Tikva would weigh the same on the surgery scales is immaterial as Michal always goes by her weight on my scales.
  5. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    After the last month he's pretty much where I like him at.
    It hard to describe with pictures, it's more of how he feels when I grab him playing.

He was felling very pillowy, and now he's very firm under the loose skin.
    We are back to walking very day and he is back to his daily play visits.
  6. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    When Mouse was I pup, I weighed us together, now it would be hard as our combined weight is around 483lbs or 219kg.

Mastiffs will never be ripped like some breeds are do to there natural looser skin, biggest thing is feel and how firm he feels.
  7. mikebusano

mikebusano New Member

Name:
    Mike
    he's looking good man. IMO though I think he can still loose some more, just keep doing on what you've been doing.
  8. CuteRotts

CuteRotts New Member

Name:
    Em
    He's beautiful <3
  9. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Nigredo weighed 100.2 lbs last time I weighed him. He's been on 2 different diets over the past two months and trying to get a bit more exercise (he really doesn't like heat) and he weighed 99.7 today. Epic fail! No weight loss at all...