Our holiday! Photos

Discussion in 'Miniature Schnauzer' started by Pork1epe1, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara

Our holiday!

So Gwylim and I went off for a couple of days into the Bukk Hills leaving Georgina with Kinga our trainer because the weather was too hot for her. We stayed in a tourist town famous for its Lipizzaner horses which we only manged to see briefly when driving down the main road 2 carriages drawn by Lipizzaner came trotting past which gave Gwylim the fright of his life! After we'd booked into our hotel, off went to explore the town and have a wander around the fun park.

Mum if we hire a bike, you can peddle and I can sit behind you!
    SAM_1495.JPG

Let's go inside and have a beer!
    SAM_1493.JPG

And we stopped at the station where you can get a chuffa train right up into the hills and Gwylim made friends with a little girl and boy. We also had a look at the poster for the Millenium Tower but too far to go that day!
    SAM_1504.JPG

As it was getting late and we hungry for our dinner we started on our way back to the hotel, but then disaster struck when we sat down on a bench not realising that in the garden behind us was a large GSD which rushed the fence barking. Then before we could move about 20 cyclists rode down the pavement immediately in front of us. Poor little man shot under the bench, slipped his collar and panic stricken ran towards the fence only to be confronted by the dog. Luckily, he froze and as he was still wearing his harness I was able to catch him. The rest of the way back to the hotel was a nightmare as the GSD had started every dog along the road barking and rushing their fences! For the rest of the evening I had a stressed little dog who kept a look out from the hotel balcony!

SAM_1491.JPG

The following morning he as he was still a bit "twitchy" and barking at everything before we went for a walk we sat in the car just watching the world go by and mum took a selfie! SAM_1515.JPG
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    He was such a good little boy once he's settled down and we had a lovely morning, walking through the hills, crossing little bridges
    SAM_1507.JPG
    And investigating streams! SAM_1496.JPG
    And absolutely unheard of .... got his paws wet!
    SAM_1501.JPG
    In the afternoon we jumped into the car and went to explore the countryside and found ourselves a spooky wood to have a walk in!
    SAM_1510.JPG
    SAM_1509.JPG
  4. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    On the way back home the following morning we stopped to admire the scenery!
    SAM_1519.JPG
    SAM_1523.JPG
    And have a little walk.
    SAM_1520.JPG

But the highlight of his holiday was finding a bag of rubbish which definitely needed close investigation!
    SAM_1526.JPG

Thank you for looking.

Attached Files:

5. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Great photo's sounds like you & the little prince had a great time, but the big question is did the HRH the princess welcome you back with open paws
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    That really was an adventure and what delightful photographs - thank you for sharing them with us. :D
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Like Tina, I wondered about Georgina's welcome. I'm glad you had a good holiday, (apart from the GSD), thanks for sharing your pics.
  8. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    The one good thing is that Georgina absolutely adores Kinga! When we dropped her off she didn't give us a second glance and she was fully occupied whilst we were away as Kinga spent a lot of time doing training with her. She stayed in the house with Kinga and her parents and was thoroughly spoilt!

When we collected her she actually made more of fuss of Gwylim than she did of me and I think if anyone missed anyone it was Gwylim who missed Georgina. I never realised how much confidence she gives him and how much he relies on her to look after him!

The first thing she did when we arrived home was to inspect her beloved garden and check on Sashicat!

Home at last!
    SAM_1527.JPG
  9. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
  10. suey

suey New Member

Name:
    Sue
    Lovely pics of scenery and HRH...