The journey of Cash - my Hovawart Photos

Discussion in 'Hovawart' started by Dogloverlou, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Cutting and pasting from Dog World to here does not work. You have to cut and paste it to a functioning email address, and only then can you copy/paste direct to Breedia
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    No its this weeks, from Birmingham national
  4. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    it depends on where you are cutting and pasting from, you can cut and paste from the dogworld site if its published on breed notes/ critiques , but not from the digital paper, which it is in .
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I should get my 2nd user copy Windsor weekend - so could either do a scan, or type it in, if that's OK.
  6. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Thank you for trying @Jackie. If anyone can get hold of it, or type it up if it's not to much effort, I'd appreciate it :) But if not, no worries. I'll see if any of the other Hovawart people have it to hand.
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    My apologies. Articles from Dog World are now only available if you have paid for an online subscription. They cannot otherwise now be read, let alone copied;
  8. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Here it is I have written it up for you....

OD ...Nichols Bergenhove jackpot...nice male but not so happy in the ring today, a bit fine in head, dark eye, a bit open lips, good ear set, liked his top line, excellent colour , good mover.

Sorry about the bold can't get it off .
  9. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Thank you Jackie :)

Guess me not showing him effected his mood. I couldn't see him in the ring close up as I had to stand away from him so have no idea how he seemed although was told he was 'fine'. But overall a decent critique.
  10. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    @Dogloverlou OH has scanned the full report, I hope it is going to show OK on here. Doesn't provide any further insights though!
    img009.jpg
  11. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Well, as we know, the BD was actually not supposed to be BD, so I'm a bit apprehensive as to take much note of this judge's critique anyway....
    Also, whilst he comments on BD having a nice temperament, he actually went for Cash in the ring which resulted in them having a bit of a 'lock on' and said dog has issues with dogs in general. I mean don't get me wrong, Cash has his moments, and it was all forgot about and not taken much notice of between us owners, but I thought Cash would have more positives in his write up. It's just one of those things I guess, and at least he liked his colour/movement.

Thanks Carole for posting this.
  12. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I just can't understand how the 3rd in OD came to be in the challenge at all! Poor stewarding, and some rather muddled judging both seem to have contributed to the error. Cash clearly WAS the Best Dog, whatever it says on his card, but with no CC's at stake it is probably better to shrug it off, and put it down to experience.
    I'm willing you to get justice next time though!
  13. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Malka, 6JRT's and CaroleC like this.
    Exactly Carole. With no CC's I doubt we're of high enough priority!

Anyway, E of E show today. The only dog entered in AVNSC against bitches, so he took home 1st in Limit, BD and BOS. I handled him too! :)

Still great results regardless!
  14. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Brill result, and well done you! I will try remember to watch for his report.
  15. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    CaroleC likes this.
    Was lovely to meet you at NWPB @CaroleC :)
  16. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Same here Lou, and Cash is just as lovely in the flesh. Did you handle him in his class - how did he behave?
  17. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    CaroleC likes this.
    I did handle him, yes, as both my and the handler's classes clashed. He did brilliantly though, much better than I expected and was actually more attentive to me than he was at East of England. He came 3rd out of 3 but I kind of expected that to be honest. The judge was kind enough to offer me feedback at the end and he told me that he looked very immature compared to the other winners. Cash is 4 months older or so than the 1st place winner, but he said he'd assume that dog was at least 3/4 years old and Cash he'd assume was still a 10 month old puppy! He also said the 2nd place winner was a dog from his own lines and that if he didn't like that dog he'd wonder why he ever bred from those lines in the first place, and he was honest enough to admit that sometimes it just comes down to what you like the look of best.

Another owner asked me to handle her dog too to further boost my confidence and she went on to win BOS and the judge complimented me on my handling. However, the difference between handling her & Cash was night & day. She flowed around the ring, and with Cash it seems more like a constant battle sometimes.

How did your friend do?
  18. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I am glad you enjoyed your day, and got some genuine feedback.
    My friend no longer shows or trials, (her dog has arthritis), but is the breed club sec. and writes the breed notes for DW, - hence the reason why I am a member of the Bouv. club, and usually get allocated a job!
    You prob. have already heard, but the Bouvier BOB went on to BIS.
  19. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    CaroleC likes this.
    Cash had his first breeding request this past week! Unfortunately I haven't completed his health tests as of yet ( needs his thyroid test ) and even if that came back in time, the owners of the bitch had a change of heart and have decided to use their 2nd choice dog due to Cash inexperience and this being their bitch's very last chance to conceive. I understand people want to use a proven dog, but a bit unsure how you get to 'prove' your dog in the first place. We will just play it by ear and maybe he will get further requests in the future.

He also passed his Silver CGC a couple of weeks ago and had a great WT training course day last weekend :)
  20. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Wel done on winning silver CGC.
    When I used K9 as a stud dog I used the KC registered bitch list, it also helped that the bitches owners knew K9.
  21. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    What a pity you didn't get the chance to prove him. He is still young though, I'm sure you will get asked again. Does his thyroid result have to be recorded with the KC? Eddie is hypothyroid, and I had his in-house test result the same day. His sent-away full blood profile was through the following day. I suppose there will be much more of a delay if the KC have to issue a certificate!
    Well done on the Silver, and glad he's still enjoying the WT training.