Hello All... Introductions

Discussion in 'Boerboel' started by Elana, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Elana

Elana Member

Name:
    Elana

Hello All...

Hello All,

My name is Elana, and as the Mom of three members of the Canine Nation, I decided that it might be a good idea to join a doggy Forum.

Let me introduce the furry kids:

Danny, is twelve years old. He is a Husky/Shepherd/something, something cross, who was a half starved rescued pup off a Reserve.
    He's been with me for eleven and a half years, and is my darling baby dog.

Katy, is over five and a half. She's a cross between a Jack Russell and a Japanese Chin (but thinks she's a Rottweiler, and my protection dog). She was bought at seven weeks old as a 'plaything' for two little boys (1 & 2 years old). Needless to say, it didn't work out well for any of the above mentioned. She came to me at five months old, and hasn't left my side since. She's my adorable little princess.

Then last but not least, let me introduce Charlie (the new kid on the block). Charlie, who is a cross between a Bullmastiff and a South African Boerboel, is the baby of the family. At eleven and a half weeks old, he is a big smooshy faced infant, who is loved by one and all.

So those are the kids.

Thanks for welcoming all of us to the Forum.

Elana, Danny, Katy, and Baby Charlie.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2016
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Buying a seven-week-old puppy, whether a small breed or large breed, as a "plaything" for a baby and toddler ages one and two-years-old is totally irresponsible.

Pupplies are NOT toys and NOT "playthings". You are lucky that Katy survived.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    What a mixed pack you have, but they are all lovely. Danny does not look his age.
    When Charlie is over his vaccs., are you hoping to be able to walk them all together?
  5. Elana

Elana Member

Name:
    Elana
  6. Elana

Elana Member

Name:
    Elana
    Hi Malka, and thanks for the response.

I totally agree about not buying young puppies for very young children. Our Katy came to me with "child aggressive" attached to her name (head shake). Amazingly enough, she actually really likes children ☺. She also knows, that if things become a little overwheming, she can come to me for safety and quiet time.

Chuckle......I actually got told off not to long ago, by a young 'lady', who was looking for a young puppy as a birthday gift for her son's first birthday. I happened to very politely voice an opinion, that it might not be the best idea.... Well, I was very rudely told, to mind my own business, and other unmentionable, anatomically impossible things that I could do to myself. Sigh.... some people just don't want to hear it, and regrettably, it's the kids and these poor pups, that ultimately end up paying a very high price for their parents stubborn foolishness.
  7. Elana

Elana Member

Name:
    Elana

Hi Carole, and thanks for your response.

I am already walking the three kids together, lol.

After Charlie's second set of vaccs. I opted for 'socializing socializing socializing'.
    Baby Charlie goes everywhere. He visits with the kids in the Elementary school across the street, with the elderly at the Nursing Home. He goes to the off leash dog park, and has made some good friends there already, both two legged and four legged. He goes to the benches in front of large Grocery stores, and acts as a greeter to all comers.

With the two highly protective breeds that make up his genetic package, I want him to learn very young and very well what is normal friendly behavior, so that he can tell the difference when he's a big boy.

By the way, Danny says 'Thank You' for the complement .
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    In your OP you said:

9. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    She was bought at seven weeks old as a 'plaything' for two little boys (1 & 2 years old). [/]QUOTE] but now you say you agree about not buying puppies for very young children? That contradicts your original statement.

Had you read the post correctly The O Poster did not buy Katy as a ‘plaything’
    She was bought by someone else before OP took her on at 5 months old.
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I obviously missed that and I apologise most sincerely. Please forgive me.
  11. Elana

Elana Member

Name:
    Elana

Hi Malka,

No contradictions what so-ever my friend :p

I said 'she was bought', but I didn't say that I bought her, lol.
    I got Katy, at 5 months old, after the family who originally had her, didn't want her anymore. They were the ones who dubbed her as 'child aggressive', not me.

If you re-read my whole post from begining to end, it will hopefully make more sense :).
  12. Elana

Elana Member

Name:
    Elana

Hi Malka,

It's all good, no worries.....:026:.
  13. Elana

Elana Member

Name:
    Elana

Hi Vee, and thanks.

GSD Slave, that's an interesting title, chuckle.

I am assuming that you are a German Shepherd lover. Would love to hear more about your dogs, and your opinion of the breed, ( old fashioned and modern).

Warm regards,

~Elana~
  14. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I am mis-reading too many things lately - I have a new pair of prescription computer specs and am having a sight test this afternoon as I think the lenses are not correct.

I am so sorry that I mis-read your OP - I would never have said what I did had I read it correctly. Mea Culpa.
  15. Elana

Elana Member

Name:
    Elana

Hey there,

Stop beating yourself up over it.
    I'm a Sabra, if I wanted to give you an earfull, trust me I would have done so, in two languages, with a bit of Arabic &#@&% :mad: thrown in for good measure, lol.

~Elana~
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    And you think I would not understand you?!

[​IMG]
  17. Elana

Elana Member

Name:
    Elana
  18. Elana

Elana Member

Name:
    Elana
    I know you would, but there was no need for it, lol.... yet! Tee hee hee :p.
  19. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    Good looking group
    Welcome to the forum.
  20. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Lovely gang you have there
  21. Elana