anxiety Questions

Discussion in 'Border Terrier' started by charlie51, Jun 24, 2017.

1. charlie51

charlie51 New Member

Name:
    charlie

anxiety

Hi has anyone got any advice that may help me alleviate the stressful behaviour of our Molly. She is showing signs of anxiety and stress,she has been like this before so we acquired Rueben which settled her down but for the last few days she has returned to the stressed out girl from last year .Molly does not come into season and I don't know if this is the problem the vet doesn't think it is but it is very distressing for all of us who love her.Can anyone help please.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    GsdSlave likes this.
    Hi charlie51 ... Welcome to the forum!

Can you please give more information about the kind of anxiety Molly is displaying?

Look forward to your reply.
  4. charlie51

charlie51 New Member

Name:
    charlie
    Hi molly started to trot from one side of the room to the other, she will look at you whimper for attention then start trotting again it goes on and on, she goes to the door to be let out then comes straight back in and starts again, I have tried calming tablets from the vets but they just make her dozy. The vet suggested neutering her but I feel it is a little drastic at the moment?
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
  6. charlie51

charlie51 New Member

Name:
    charlie
    Thanks for the reply but I have consulted three different vets and the same opinion from all of them is neuteri g, which as I said before I don't want to do that yet she's only 4 years old I will say that the problem started 2 years ago when my neighbour got a ferret and that seemed to coincide with the onset because she can't see it but obviously she can smell it, so I can't tell her to get rid of it can I?
  7. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
  8. charlie51

charlie51 New Member

Name:
    charlie
    By that I suppose you mean in her bed, I appreciate your advice but putting her in her sleeping cage some night's just sets her yelping as she doesn't know what is going on, not always mind. Some days she takes to her bed and just sleeps