japaneese chin

Discussion in 'Japanese Chin' started by ChinChin, Aug 16, 2017.

1. ChinChin

ChinChin New Member

Name:
    ChinChin

japaneese chin

Hi! New member here.I have three dogs ,two Scotties and a Japanese Chin.Just wondering if anyone with a Chin finds that Chins love vegetables.I have only owned him for just over a year he's six now.Being a fairly rare breed I knew very little about them,other than they are very delicate.He's fed Ceaser pouches which you would assume has everything a small dog needs.One day I noticed him eating plants in the garden and would howl which is his way of begging for apple if I was eating one. While preparing dinner a piece of raw cabbage fell on the floor which he ate immediately.I now include in his meals cabbage ,apple ,tinned garden peas,cucumber all of which he eats before the meat.The eating of plants from the garden has stopped and I have one happy little Chin.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello and welcome to Breedia from Tikva and from me :039:

I do not know anything about Chins but my raw fed little Tikki has vegetables mixed with her evening meal. I get bags of frozen mixed vegetables and just defrost some for each meal.

She also adores bananas and can smell them in my bag if I have bought any, and is also partial to a bit of apple and satsumas, although the latter are no longer in season.

Pereg, my previous girl [the one in my avatar] adored cucumbers and especially kohlrabi. Also the core of white cabbage and cauliflower.

I think that if your Chin likes peas, defrosted [not cooked] frozen ones are better than tinned ones as the latter can be rather salty unless well rinsed.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    Hello ChinChin, welcome to the forum. Chewing all that fruit and veg should be better for his teeth too - always something to watch for with a toy breed. Have you tried giving him carrot sticks as a chew?
    My dogs enjoy all permitted vegetables, and Merry is besotted by blackberries at present, picked straight off the bushes.
  5. ChinChin

ChinChin New Member

Name:
    ChinChin
    Thank you,I will definitely try mixed frozen vegetable.
  6. ChinChin

ChinChin New Member

Name:
    ChinChin
    Thank you.I will definitely try carrot sticks I am sure he will love them
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    If you do, make sure that the vegetables are the small diced ones. The bags I get, or are rather gotten for me, have diced carrots, peas, cut green beans and cut yellow beans, and some corn kernels. Dogs are not supposed to be able to digest corn but I only ever see a few in Tikva's poos so she must have an iron stomach!

She only has those vegetables with cut up meat and her vitamins and supplements in her evening meal, as her breakfast is a raw bone one - this morning she had a frozen raw chicken wing. I alternate the wings with cut up raw turkey necks - also frozen, bought fresh and frozen by me. But she has very strong jaws [she is half Dachshund and half Minpin] and at ~6 kilos is twice as big and heavy as your little Chin!

I look forward to seeing pictures of your little Chin and your Scotties. :)
  8. ChinChin

ChinChin New Member

Name:
    ChinChin
    Thank you.I will post pictures once I work out how to do it.Not brilliant with computers.
  9. Innocence

Innocence Member

Name:
    Jane
    Hello and welcome to Breedia. :039:
    Don't think there's anything I can add here. If you need help, just post a thread. There's always someone happy to help!
    Jane
    xx