New owner General Chat

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by BronsonTheBulldog, Aug 25, 2017.

1. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth

New owner

Picking up Mr Bronson on Thursday. Can't wait! Any advice from owners greatly received. Thanks.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Hello Squeak, welcome to the forum. I hope another Frenchie owner responds to your post, but I don't think we have any regulars in that breed at present. Forgive me for asking, but is your Frenchie coming from an experienced breeder who pays attention to breed health? With such a sudden rise in popularity, there are many imported and commercially bred litters at present. Best wishes for your new baby, love to see some pictures when you have them.
  4. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Hello and welcome. I don't have any experience of Frenchies so unfortunately can't offer any advice. There are quite a few around here, and they are all great characters. I look forward to hearing all about Mr Bronson when you get him - I bet you can't wait!
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello and welcome to Breedia from little Tikva and me :039:

I am afraid that I too do not know anything about Frenchies so cannot give you any advice, but I look forward to seeing lots of pictures of Mr Bronson when you get him home!
  6. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Hi Carol. I made sure i went to a proper breeder from the KC registered website. Saw both parents and all the pups are healthy and happy. I wouldn't buy one from someone who had a puppy farm just coz I thought I'd be rescuing him. And I certainly wouldn't get one as a status symbol, that annoys me more than anything. Like a few years back everyone was buying huskies and then trying to rehome them on FB as they were too much to handle for inexperienced owners. I had an English Bull terrier before called Lulu Dog and she was my whole world. Everyone was wary of her but she was a teddyear bear, friendly and well trained and I still miss her now.
    Mr Bronson comes with everything you'd expect from a responsible, professional breeder. All the insurances, injections, worming, supply of puppy food (natural instincts raw food). Microchip, a selection of toys, harness and a few other things I can't remember right now. It was so cute when I went to see the puppies as he came trotting up and pretty much chose me, so I thought he has to be the one.
    I'll keep updating with pics and how he's doing. Thanks.
  7. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Thanks. I'll keep updating and posting pics.
  8. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Malka likes this.
    Everyone's really friendly and I can't wait to post pics and updates for you all to see. Thanks.
  9. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    It sounds as if he has had a very good start in life. They are a lovely breed, I'm looking forward to meeting Mr. Bronson.
  10. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Only 3 more sleeps. I'm like a kid at Christmas :)
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I will bet you are! Please do not forget that we will want loads of photographs of Mr Bronson! :D
  12. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Oh of course. Absolutely.
  13. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    So, what dogs do you all have?
  14. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
  15. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Standard Poodle and a b....y pest otherwise known as a Chihuahua.

In the past I've had Cocker Spaniels, Miniature Poodles, Border Collies, a terrier and a Lurcher.
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Pereg, the beautiful girl in my avatar, was a mutt, her mother having been a stray picked up off the streets when pregnant and fostered by a volunteer helping the voluntary shelter from where I adopted her. When the puppies were old enough to be adopted they and their mother were taken to the shelter - unfortunately now closed. Lexi, who I already had when I adopted Pereg, was also a mutt.

Tikki Tikva, my current little bundle of energy [when she is not zonked out] is a Dachshund/Minpin cross, who was the result of an accidental mating. All three were/are girls.

In another lifetime, many years ago I used to breed Griffons.
  17. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Here are some photos of my Lulu Dog 20120619_201552.jpg 20120727_123617.jpg 20130124_215912.jpg Lulu Scarf.jpg
  18. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    She smiles. Lovely!
  19. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Lulu is very sweet! :)

And today is Thursday - "bringing home Mr Bronson" day! :D

I hope that Lulu and Mr Bronson have a long and happy life together with you.
  20. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    I know it's mad. She used to do it all the time!
  21. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Innocence likes this.
    Unfortunately I no longer have my Lulu, she had to be rehomed when me and my ex split up. She was to big for my mum to have at hers when I moved back in, so I had to find someone who would love her as much as I did which is impossible as she was my whole world as you can see. Broke my heart. And it's taken me a while to decide to get another dog because I felt so guilty about My Lulu. :-(