What is your "puupy's" favorite toy? Discussions

Discussion in 'Rhodesian Ridgeback' started by Sasta's Mom, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Sasta's Mom

Sasta's Mom New Member

Name:
    Janelle Holyoak

What is your "puupy's" favorite toy?

We are looking for fun interactive toys for our Rhodesian Ridgeback / Black Mouth Curr "puppy" she is about 15 months old and is a heavy chewer - goes through most toys in a matter of minutes.

She does have 3 kong toys and does play with them some - but I really want something that "plays back" that moves so she has to chase it - motorized somehow.

I was thinking maybe a weaselball if I take the weasel off - any thoughts?

I am really looking forward to hearing or seeing what you all use to entertain your puppies.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. TruckeeCA

TruckeeCA New Member

Name:
    Matt
    My ridgeback's have never been into toys. If you get them a cuddly stuffed squeeky thing they will rip it to shreds in a matter of minutes. Beyond that, they pretty much ignore them. Although they do have a good time chasing the abundant chipmunks, lizards, and squirrels (and the occasional bear) on our property.
  4. Sasta's Mom

Sasta's Mom New Member

Name:
    Janelle Holyoak
    If we let our Sasta she would certainly go after the lizards - lots here in Arizona. She plays with her Kong toys but more so when we are there to throw it or play tug of war with her. I got her a kids soccer ball last night (luckily a cheap one) it was done for within minutes - LOL looking at a hard plastic ball and a super large "horse ball" on chewy.com but thought one that moved on it's own might keep her attention more.
  5. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Hey
    I haven’t tried this with our puppy, maybe we should though
    You mentioned you have some Kong toys, have you got one of these? It seems they move about a bit
    https://www.kongcompany.com/products/for-dogs/interactive/wobbler-2/wobbler/
  6. Sasta's Mom

Sasta's Mom New Member

Name:
    Janelle Holyoak
    She does have one of those - but after she gets the treats out (which I freeze with peanut butter) she is pretty much done unless you throw it for her. She also has the bone that she does the same with (treats gone done unless we are playing with her). The other kong toy she has is a football that has a ball inside it - she loves that one but at this point we are keeping it as an indoor toy - though that may change. There is a round kong ball with a ball inside (similar to her football) but it is small only 7.5 inches - really looking for something she can't grab so it rolls away and she has to chase.
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I do not know about a possibly 'motorised' toy that moves by itself, but I did buy a sturdy multi-faceted roll about "ball" which also made noises when it was moved about and could be used as a food/treat dispenser depending on how much the aperture was opened. I do not remember from where it came or the make but I bought a small one as I only have a small dog [they came in various sizes] and try as she might she could not kill it!

I will have a check through my files to see if I can find where it came from.

Incidentally, she has killed a few footballs and basketballs that kids have kicked into my yard and would not come to pick them up because they were afraid of her! And no, I will not go out and throw them back.
  8. Sasta's Mom

Sasta's Mom New Member

Name:
    Janelle Holyoak
    I would love to find out more about the ball that she likes - that might be a good option for us. The football we have is not a real one it is made by kong and is for dogs - she has had that since 8/29 and no holes and still going strong.
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I will see if I can find it or where I bought it Janelle [I bought in online] but I will see if I can find it tomorrow - it is rather late now. I am not sure whether Tikva actually liked it or not as I think she always went after it trying to kill it because of the noise. It is now under the couch but I refuse to get down on the floor to get it out!

Yes she is a small dog but being half Doxie she has extremely strong jaws... and teeth, and the footballs and basketballs, the latter being much stronger than the former were real ones, not ones for dogs.

Actually the toys she plays with most, and oh how she loves her toys, would definitely not be suitable for Sasta as Tikva likes soft toys that squeak so she can throw them around, and squeak, squeak, squeak them - and throw them around again! She never tries to kill them but she definitely did keep trying to kill the noisy ball.