Strange Discharge Health

Discussion in 'Collie (Rough)' started by Fergie_the_dog, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Fergie_the_dog

Fergie_the_dog New Member

Name:
    Emily

Strange Discharge

Hi, I have a 8 year old Rough Collie. She recently developed a strange discharge coming out near her vagina area. It is thick(ish) and brown/yellow. I have been wiping it for her but I was wondering what the cause is/how to stop it.

Here is some more background:
    She is not fixed. We tried but she was allergic to the anesthesia. She has been battling hot spots for the last month. Something that happens every year since we got her.(it always happenes spring/fall). 2 weeks ago she finished taking some antibiotics for it. The hotspots are healed, just some scabs left.
    3 months ago we changed her food to Zignature Whitefish. And almost a month ago we started to incorprate Zignatures wet food because she is picky.

She still has energy, she drinks plenty of water, and she eats both her meals.
    What could of caused this (nasty) discharge? And how can I help her.. without a vet visit. Thank you
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    This is a potentially serious condition.
    Do not mess about, see your Vet - straight away.
  4. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    I agree with Carole. Get her to the vets as soon as you can
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Only a vet can diagnose what caused the discharge and help your girl. As @CaroleC and @Chris B said, get your girl to a vet asap. Please.