Technical help.....please General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by My bear Yoji, Nov 11, 2017.

1. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa

Technical help.....please

When i have written a “ post “ and want to add a photo I tap on “ upload a file “ and then a little bar comes up saying “ choose a file “ it’s very hit and miss as to whether it goes any further
    Has this happened to anyone else, is there another way to add photos
    I am using an iPad, I’m not sure if that’s relevant?
    Philippa
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I do not know if it has anything to do with an iPad as I use a PC and do not use the "upload a file" button - although I have tried that and ended up with mini pics. I used to use Tinypic although that does not give an URL link these days so has to be circumvented - sort of like Photobucket now the latter is not a free photo-link thing now.

This - and I hope it works - was not a direct link from Tinypic - I had to pull it up and then copy and paste the image [such a strange picture of Tikki!] I really do not know the best way to upload photographs now.

[​IMG]
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I am on an Android tablet most of the time - but not an iPad. I do use the Upload a File bar, and have had no problems as long as the pictures are actually in my gallery. (My probs. are usually about providing links!). I always tick the Display Full Size option.
    I have had problems in changing my avatar picture though. From time to time I have got a message stating that the file is too large, though it will sometimes allow me to add one which has an even larger file size!
  5. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Thanks for your help, I will keep practicing and what a lovely photo, such a cutie
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    That is probably the worst picture of Tikva ever - oops - but was the first one that came up when I looked on Tinypic, although as I said I had to copy the picture and then paste the link as Tinypic no longer gives links. Or something. Photobucket is useless now as they want a small fortune each month so is no longer a free site, and I think that Tinypic is possibly the same now - although I can still use it to search for pictures I have saved on my computer. The picture of Pereg on my avatar was, IIRC, a direct link from Tinypic.