Staffy or cross? Questions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by Loredana, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Loredana

Loredana New Member

Name:
    Loredana

Staffy or cross?

Hi everyone! Happy New Year!
    I'd like to introduce my 9 month old puppy, Indie. Got her from someone who had too many puppies ( so not a certified breeder or anything ) and have been told she is a Staffy. After a bit of online research and people's remarks, I'm wondering if she might be cross breed. I'd like some of you who know more about the breed to tell me your opinions. Mind you, I couldn't care less, she's my fur baby no matter the breed, I'm just curious. Thank you

IMAG2634.jpg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello Loredana and welcome to you and lovely Indie to Breedia from Tikva and from me! :039:

I do not know whether she is a cross Staffy as I do not know anything about bull breeds, but she has a lovely face and is very sweet, so just love her for what she is. But would you please have her spayed as there are far too many Staffy crosses and bull breeds in rescues so please do not add to them. :)
  4. Loredana

Loredana New Member

Name:
    Loredana
    CaroleC and Malka like this.
    Hi Malka and Tikva! Thank you for the warm welcome

I do love her for what she is (some would say too much :D ). And I will definitely have her spayed when the time is right, I am aware that there's too many dogs in shelters and on the streets, so many being put down...:(
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I do not think that a true dog lover can ever love their dogs too much.

Regarding spaying, has your girl had her first season? I know that with larger breed dogs it is usually preferable to wait until they are fully grown but I have only had small dogs. The two I had before Tikva, both rescue pups, were spayed three months after their first season when they were ~9 months old. Tikki was spayed when she was 6 months old and had reached 6 kilos in weight but before she had had come into heat for the first time. That was mainly to avoid possible risk of stray/loose dogs coming into my yard and was considered best for her.

She is now 2 years and 7 months old, still weighs 6 kilos, and still thinks she is a puppy!

And on how I love her.

[She is not the one in my avatar - that is my beloved angel epi Pereg]
  6. Jcarpentier

Jcarpentier Member

Name:
    Jessica
    In my opinion, the shape of her ears seems different than a Staffy and her head is not as broad as what I am used to seeing. I am not sure if she is purebred either but she is beautiful! We just got a pit mix pup as well and I believe he has some Staffy in him. He is a beautiful liver/brown color with white on his chest.
  7. Loredana

Loredana New Member

Name:
    Loredana
    She's just at the end of her first season but she won't be spayed until she's about 2 years old, I think. Possibly after the second season. The yard is fenced off so she's safe and she only goes out on lead ( she tends not to listen when there's to many distractions around, still working on that :)). She's a very boisterous dog, barks at everything that moves at the moment ( even trees moving in the wind sometimes:rolleyes:). But she's not aggressive or anything, she just wants to play with everyone ( and everything :D).
  8. Loredana

Loredana New Member

Name:
    Loredana
    We thought she might be a Pit bull/Staffy mix because she's leaner and her muzzle is longer than a Staffy's. On the other hand, her head is beginning to show that 'split' that Staffies have. I don't personally know the guy we got her from but I know he has Staffies as well as Pit bulls.