Rough Collie Curly fur? Questions

Discussion in 'Collie (Rough)' started by Randy M, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Randy M

Randy M New Member

Name:
    Randy

Rough Collie Curly fur?

First post new to the forum. Thank you
    I have a registered Collie pup(rough) he's about 20 weeks old now. It seems like all his baby fur is gone but I noticed as the new fur is growing on his back near his maine that the new fur is wavy, not super curly but enough that it sticks up a bit so you don't have a real smooth flat coat. What I'm not sure of if this is just the new fur growth and it will become more flat in time or will I have a dog that is very wavy? I will try to take a pic in a day or so. The only reason I even noticed this is my last dog that I lost a few months ago was a rough collie, I had him from a pup for 12 years and frankly I don't really remember if his fur was like this when he was 20 weeks.
    My dog is registered, comes from Champion lines, smart was a whip.
    Also when I'm at it one of his ears have yet to flop down?
    The only reason I am concerned about the fur is I remember a person years ago, he said is dog was also a rough collie but that dog fur was so curly you would swear it was cut to look like that.
    Any suggestions if this is just the way it will be on how I can go about keeping his fur in a smooth line so to speak.

The food I give him is very good it's FreshPet and rated high on the net, it's a food that is lightly cooked and then placed into tubes, you find it in the fridge section of stores.

Thanks again
    Randy
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Randy M

Randy M New Member

Name:
    Randy
    Sorry I guess this is a wrong forum for me. You don't even have the Rough Collie as a bred here so it's clear that you are not very informed.
    thanks
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    @ Randy M - if you had looked, you would have found

http://www.breedia.com/dogs/collie-rough

therefore your comment was uncalled for and not very polite.
  5. Randy M

Randy M New Member

Name:
    Randy
    Sorry I did look for like 30 mins you do not have a search friendly site.
    The breed is called Rough Collie always and this is how it's looked up not Collie then rough.
    Also why don't you have pics of each breed. I take maybe a day or so to find suitable pics and place them with each breed
    Nothing personal but I just call it as I see it
    Have a good day
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    Incorrect.
    This is a UK forum, and this is the way that they appear in all Kennel Club listings - Pastoral group, Championship schedules etc.
    However, I also notice that the AKC use an identical descriptor for the Collie (Rough) as it appears under the Herding group.

Rubbish photo from a current Champ Show schedule.
    IMG_20180315_205725.jpg
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Actually this is an excellently search-friendly site. If you look at the top brown line where it says "Breedia" on the left, on the right you will see "Log out", "Forum", and "Dog Breeds". Click on the latter and it will take you to:

http://www.breedia.com/dogs

All breeds are listed there.
    The pictures have been sent in by members. If no pictures have been sent in, they cannot be shown.

Breeds are listed with the breed name first, hence Collie (Rough) and Collie (Smooth). There are six types of Dachshunds and they are all listed as Dachshund then type in (brackets), and four types of Belgian Shepherd Dogs, all listed as such, with the type in (brackets) after the breed name.

In the case of the latter, the pictures of the Malinois and the Tervurens were sent in by someone I knew, at my request.