Potty Training General Chat

Discussion in 'Scottish Terrier' started by CharM, Aug 23, 2018.

1. CharM

CharM New Member

Name:
    Char

Potty Training

I have two adorable 4 month old Scottish Terriers. Archie & Reggie, brothers. I'm having a hard time potty training them. Anyone have any suggestions?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    GsdSlave likes this.
    I would call this a frequently asked question! We have just made some general suggestions to the owner of a French Bulldog puppy, and these will currently appear as the most recent post on the Frenchie forum - so feel free to have a read through those.
    If you have any more detailed questions, please do ask. Trying to train two puppies of the same age is not for the faint hearted!
  4. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    When I was potty training my Akita puppies (not at same time, 14 month age difference) I moved my bed into the living room (my bedroom is on 2nd floor) so that I could hear them and they could easily wake me and the door was close. At first I set an alarm every 3 hours and gradually extended the time. It was tiring but they seemed to get it pretty quick.
  5. Rugby1983

Rugby1983 New Member

Name:
    Jack brewster
    Did you have any problems with littermates ? How are they doing? As I'm getting 2 around same age I read lots about it
  6. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    You can’t compare having two littermates of this breed with having two same aged Akitas. It’s like comparing apples and elephants, just not the same at all...
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka and GsdSlave like this.
    This is one of the threads where the 'last seen' time is the same as the original post.
    I checked as I thought that I might not have been helpful enough. So glad I didn't write an A4's worth!
  8. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    That's why i mostly just add links now, i will never understand why people do this.
  9. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I am a Dumbo. :( Malka has tried to instruct me, but I still can't do links. I have to write them out on paper, then type them in. Sometimes I mistype, so I'm always delighted when it works.
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Carole - see the row of letters/signs/etc at the top of the message pane?

B - Italic I - Underlined U - then you have an underlined A which is for Text colour - another A with a something for Font Size - then an ag for Font Family. Well, you just have to hover over them and they tell you what they are.

Right, the next on, like the link of a chain, says Link when you hover over it.

Copy the address of what you want to link, hit the Link symbol and then just paste.

And you may then come back and tell me how lousy I am when I try to teach someone something!

[What is that odd OBJ thingy next to your :( ?]
  11. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Thank you. I WILL try again!
    How do you copy the address without having to type it in?
    I know, I am useless.
  12. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    This is how I do it
    Right click on article on the top bar, it should go blue
    Then left click on copy
    Then right click on paste and put it where you want to.
  13. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    So do you have two windows open at the same time?
    I can't do that on a tablet, but could do on the laptop.
    Thank you, I'll try it.
  14. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    mine is a desktop computer
  15. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    I do not have a tablet so I do not know. Two windows open? I have dozens open so for me it does not matter, but on a tablet? I do not NOW
    If you want to post a link on Breedia, first get onto where you want the link you want to go, go back to where the link is and as Vee said, click on the address bar of the article [the top bar] which will turn blue, click COPY and then go back to Breedia where you want the link to go, click on the Link sign and then RIGHT click and PASTE when the little box thing appears.

The same as you do when you post pictures. You just use the LINK sign and not the IMAGE sign, which you use for pictures.

Heck, I am no expert, just self-taught, but by trial and error [and there have been plenty of those] I have sort of gotten there. Just remember to check on Preview before hitting Post.
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    And from the look of my above post, I cannot spell! How can I type NOW when I meant KNOW?

That is what happens when rudely awoken at 4am by a bursting bladder and never having time to catch up on lost sleep - or puts you [me] into the "I will do it tomorrow" mode.

Just call me The Procrastinator.
  17. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Rugby1983 likes this.
    O
    OB’J is a very famous Akita breeder, she bread the widow maker who in all the Akitas I’ve had lineage. These current dogs very distant but was a pretty close in my Darkstar’s (hoshi) lineage. I was trying to copy a picture of him here but not working. The widow maker ob’j
  18. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Thank you for the information, but why would that sign appear next to a normal Breedia Smilie ? :( :confused: o_O
  19. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Because he was a beautiful Akita
  20. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I thought it was me that put the :(. To indicate that I was sad to be a Dumbo.
    I am now a confused Dumbo :017:.