Bad skin on my puppy

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by Pamn2611, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Pamn2611

Pamn2611 New Member

Name:
    Pamn

Bad skin on my puppy

01A6D6B0-A9F4-49B9-8326-2201A9A7D39E.jpeg hello!

I’ve recently added a French bulldog puppy to our home.
    She is 12 weeks old and her skin has started to get really bad. She had some bad skin on the top of her head to start with and the breeder has been very supportive and helpful, but I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or has any idea what it could be.

She’s not itching it and seems very happy and playful. Doesn’t appear to be bothering her.

I am booking an appointment with the vets tomo.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Hi Pamn, welcome to the forum.
    I have read that the blue coat can be more susceptible to allergic and bacterial skin conditions. You can download the article I have seen from, www.frenchbulldogclubofengland.org.uk/rare-colours.html
    Scroll down to the black box, 'So Called Rare Colours', and click to download the article as a .pdf file.
  4. Pamn2611

Pamn2611 New Member

Name:
    Pamn
    Thank you, I’ll have a look at the article
  5. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Pamn2611 likes this.
    I hope your Gorgeous Girl is well soon. Luckily enough I have not experienced such symptoms with my little man! But please keep us informed on how it all goes and if the situation is resolved, as well as what the problem was. Thanks.
  6. Pamn2611

Pamn2611 New Member

Name:
    Pamn

Hello, we took her to the vet and they took some swabs that have been sent away for tests. They also issued us with a malaseb shampoo to wash her in weekly. The vet believes that it may be a mite passed from her mother, but cannot be completely sure until the results are back. She is looking much better after one bath and the breeder kindly reimbursed the vet bill as the pup had a small scab on her head when we first got her, which had spread.
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Pamn2611 likes this.
    I'm pleased that you have found the reason, and the breeder has been fair with you. I hope you will soon be able to post that the Malaseb has done the trick.
  8. Pamn2611

Pamn2611 New Member

Name:
    Pamn
    Thank you, Hopefully the maleseb will help her :) I’ll keep you posted.
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It is so nice to hear that a breeder has been fair - so too many times some are not.

@Pamn2611 - all best wishes to your cute girl from Tikva and me.
  10. Pamn2611

Pamn2611 New Member

Name:
    Pamn

Yes I’ve been very lucky that the breeder had kept in touch and helped me with this issue. Thank you for your kind words
  11. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Pamn2611 likes this.
    I don't know if this will help, but I have noticed a lot of Frenchies I have stroked when talking to the owners, have really harsh fur. Whereas I put a teaspoon of coconut oil in little mans food once a day and his coat is silky smooth. And everyone who comes into contact with him always comments on it. Plus his skin never has had any problems. I have read the human and animal benefits and it may devide opinion here but I can't fault it. Although it could be the whisky he steals from my glass if I'm not looking! o_O
  12. Pamn2611

Pamn2611 New Member

Name:
    Pamn
    I heard coconut oil does wonders for humans so once she’s all recovered I’ll give that a try! Aww he loves a little tipple
  13. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    My two have half a teaspoonful every morning, straight off the spoon.
  14. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Pamn2611 likes this.
    A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!!!
  15. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    My mini monster has a teaspoon added to her evening wet meal. If I gave it to her from a spoon she would want more... and more... and more...

@BronsonTheBulldog - this is an order Gareth. NO whisky for Mr Bronson and not too much for yourself! :005:
  16. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    CaroleC likes this.
    He's a little Booger though, he always distracts me with magic and juggling!!! I was good last night, only had half a bottle because I had bike ride planned for today!
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Gareth... that is TOO much.

I do NOT want to read of you having a whoopsie on your bike.

Been there, got smashed into when I was on my Lambretta by a drunk while I was stationary waiting to turn right [this was when I still lived in England] - who disappeared without stopping.

Unlucky for him he had been being followed by a Scotland Yard senior inspector who had taken his number down!
  18. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Were you alright? And I know, I'm always careful. Thanks for caring.
  19. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Of course I care - I am sure we all care... but does the idiot who might smash into you care?

In any case, please keep alcohol away from Mr Bronson, and lay off it your self.
  20. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Malka likes this.
    Aw bless you. And that is true, there are many idiots on the road, both Cars and Bikes!
    I have taken a break from the drink as i'm in training for a bike race on Sunday.
  21. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    Ooh! Good luck with that then.