Shih Tzu urinating blood Health

Discussion in 'Shih Tzu' started by Shian, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Shian

Shian New Member

Name:
    Shian

Shih Tzu urinating blood

I have a 6 year old Shih Tzu and the past couple weeks he has been urinating blood and acting like a whole different dog. He's been staring off into space, not eating, not wanting his stomach to be touched, and also not begging to go outside to use the bathroom he will pee wherever now. Any ideas what is wrong with him? People have told me it is a UTI but he acts too different I know my dog and he is just sad every day. Both of his parents had cancer also.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Shian likes this.
    Go to your vets immediately!!!!
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Shian likes this.
    You must take your dog to the vet, and take a urine sample with you. Although a UTI is the most common reason for passing blood, there are several other conditions that can cause this. Your boy sounds as if he is in pain, please don't leave this any longer.
  5. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Shian likes this.
    Your boy sounds to be in severe pain so needs to see a vet as soon as possible.
  6. Shian

Shian New Member

Name:
    Shian
    I do not own my dog my mom does and she will not take him but I will try my hardest thank you so much
  7. Shian

Shian New Member

Name:
    Shian
  8. Shian

Shian New Member

Name:
    Shian
    My mom will not take him to the vet because she doesn't see that he is in pain. But I know him very well and he is but I can't take him but I'm trying my hardest thank you ❤️
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I do wish we could help but I do not know what we could do. I just hope that your Mom will take your boy to the vet so he can be treated as soon as possible.
  10. Homeuser

Homeuser New Member

Name:
    AL
    Sounds like you should take him. Regardless what your mom says, (in this instance). It's your dog's health here. But that's my opinion. When you know something isn't right, you know. This is coming from a doggy daddy of many years. I always knew when something was wrong, and never hesitated Let us know how you make out.
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    AL - maybe Shian is young and cannot take her boy to the vet by herself? Especially as the dog is owned by her mom?

I wish, oh how I wish I could wave that magic wand.