Malka/Julie Health

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Chris B, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris

Malka/Julie

Hope all is going well with you.

Keep us up-dated. When you go missing we all worry about you xxx
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Malka likes this.
    Yes we do xx
  4. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    She posted Wednesday and said she had all sorts of issues. Take it easy, surely she just needs some time to recuperate. Nobody gets up in arms when I or many others go missing for a bit. But I am not a senior. Just relax, I am sure she will return when she is able.
  5. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Malka, CaroleC and Chris B like this.
    Awwww MJ feeling unloved !
    That was to be taken lightly by the way
    I think because Juli chats to various members on a daily basis, sometimes privately, a certain bond is made, her chats are so important to her that when she goes “ missing “ something is wrong
    Philippa
  6. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    I actually posted that hoping she would see it and have a snide remark or something. She tends to attack my posts lately and defend herself when it isn't necessary. If she is NOT doing that, then perhaps there IS cause for concern! And I already know that I am "unloved" and barely welcomed here, as lightly as that may have been meant, it does ring.
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I am sorry everyone but I am having problems coping and the help my yet another social worker still has not appeared and I cannot do anything. Tikva is OK though although sulking as I have no bone meals for her breakfast. My back is really bad and I cannot eat. Just drinking soy yoghurt maybe once a day and have lost 12 kilos which is not right. The hospital knew I could not eat and should not have let me home as I was supposed to be having more tests. Probably some sort of mix up.

I only have paracetamol for pain and it just is not helping.

I am sorry everyone but it is so difficult to concentrate.
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka and Chris B like this.
    I'm so sorry to hear how much pain you are still going through. 12k is a lot of weight to lose, there wasn't that much of you to start with. Please, please, please, ask absolutely anybody who will listen to help you to get some more medical help. Don't allow the doctors or care staff to overlook you.
    Love to Tikva. Stay strong for her.
  9. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    I agree with Carole, Juli. You must push for all the help you can get.

I'm glad you've managed to let us know how you are and I'm so sorry that the news isn't too good.

Please don't leave it too long before pushing any buttons you have and get yourself back to the hospital if necessary.

Thinking of you xxx
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I do not have an emergency service Chris as the last company took the machine and button away while I was in hospital. My new also non-working social worker was supposed to arrange another one, just as she was supposed to arrange help.
  11. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    I don't know how it works over there, Juli, but can you not ring the hospital and tell them how you've been since coming home and that you are not coping? Your doctor should also be informed. You are struggling missus and you desperately need help
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I have no idea how or what to do - Amit arranged it all as it was not the hospital in town but the new one in Ashdod. That guy has a family and a business to run and he has been wonderful to me.

My doctor knows as the hospital sent her my notes and she came round with the nurse on Thursday. Not that she did anything except ask what my BP was - am I supposed to keep a check on it to tell my doctor and the nurse, who is supposed to come round every month when she checks BP on the "oldies"? Olga, my doctor, knew I only had paracetamol for pain. Shula, nurse, called in here once, a month or so back, saying that "as she was passing she thought she might as well pop in to check mine". I am 76 years old, been registered as disabled for about 20 years, and she drives past my home every month for the "oldies".

So they know I am having problems but waited long enough to call round. Same with my new non-working social worker who also called round on Thursday.

I have to pay the same monthly Health Fund fees as a non-working woman with a working husband with no free prescriptions either, although I do get a free flu shot. And a slight reduction on my municipal taxes.

And they have just left me with no help [which I would have to pay for although I do not know how much but that does not matter because I really do need help] knowing the state I am in.

But not having an emergency service now is really frightening me.
  13. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    CaroleC likes this.
    Get in touch with Amit. I know you don't want to put him out but he'll be more upset if you don't and you continue to go downhill.

Please Juli, do whatever you have to to get the help you need.

If you won't phone Amit, then call your doctor and tell her you really need help

Good luck xxxxxxxx
  14. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    CaroleC likes this.
    Chris is right, make the phone call
    You need to be in hospital !
    I hope by the time you get this message there is some improvement in your situation
    Philippa x
  15. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Amit has been sorting some things - somehow he has arranged for my original emergency service to bring a new speaker/amplifier and button - and I still have no idea why they took it away in the first place after me having had it for years. They are coming, with Amit, at 9am tomorrow [Sunday] - great - Tikva and I normally stay in bed - well I am in bed, she is still dozing in her crate - until around 10am.

He is also going to call Shula the nurse, who is there very early tomorrow morning for about an hour to take blood, to ask why she does not call on me every month to check my BP as she does the "oldies", and to ask her to check on Olga, my doctor, why she has not issued a 'scrip for the different ACE Inhibitors when I told her I had stopped taking Enalapril because of the side effects.

I have been taking it for years and for years I have had a dry cough - when I talk for for then a minute, when Iay down, waking me in the night - which hurts. Also I have had a permanently runny nose. So I did some checking and those are both side effects although not listed on the pack leaflets. I was not given them while I was in hospital and although I still coughed, not much, and my nose stopped running all the time, and both have almost stopped now.

Also, when I was in hospital I was on IVs for Potassium and Magnesium, and blood tests twice a day, so Olga asked if I took supplements of them, which I do. But if I am supposed to take supplements, and prescription ones are stronger than I can buy, why does she not prescribe them?

It really is not fair for Amit to have to do all these things for me

No change to my back though and it is really beginning to get me down.

I am sorry for moaning, please forgive me.
  16. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Welcome back.
    I hope that you will start to feel better when Amit has prodded the medics into sorting out your prescriptions. It is never easy to have to ask for help, but there are times when we all need someone in our corner, giving us a little support.
    Get well soon.
  17. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Nice to see you back, Juli.

I'm sure that Amit doesn't mind and all the things he does will make him feel good about himself and safeguard you as much as possible.

Win, win situation as far as I can see.

Take care of yourself lady and accept all the help you can
  18. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Thank you Carole. All I really need is a decent pain killer but as I cannot take opioids [that Fentanyl patch was diabolical and it did not even help, just made me halucinate] all I can take is paracetamol. I have rationed myself to just 6 a day, and also have some homeopathic pain killers that I can take as a back-up in between. Safe to take and do not clash with paracetamol.
    Thank you Chris. But it is not fair to rely on Amit - he has a family, a business to run [he is a working optometrist], and like today - Saturday, from 11am-11pm he works as a qualified paramedic on emergency ambulances when he is called. Running around after me is the last thing he needs.

He even had to dress me when I was leaving hospital because I could not get my kaftan on. The clean kaftan that he had to get from my home because I had been wearing the same one day and night until then. He had my folded manual chair in the boot of his car. I do not know what people thought, if they saw him letting himself into my home - to get food for Tikva, to pick up her crate to take to his brother, not that she slept in it, bring me a toothbrush and toothpaste etc. He really has gone out of his way to help me.
  19. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    A lot of people genuinely like to help and it sounds very much like Amit is one of those people.

I hope things look up for you soon, Juli xx
  20. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    I agree with @Chris B, good people like to help others in need of assistance. Take the help without feeling guilty about it. I think you would do the same if you were able. It’s a mitzvah
  21. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Thank you Chris - you are correct about Amit - he has a heart like his beloved late mother, who would be so proud of him. She was so lovely. I think he actually treats me as he did her [he is, I think, maybe a year older than my daughter], he said he had to do personal things for her when she was so ill, so I should not feel embarrassed about him dressing me when I left the hospital. Good thing as I was laying there with just a pair of panties on! :oops:
    Another mitzva this morning - Amit turned up with the person from the new emergency service - actually I think that company took over Ezer-Phone which was my original emergency service. He has also had another go at my new social worker who has not been to see me again despite saying she would call in at least once a week. She told him she would be here at 1pm today and no sign of her - probably nearly time for her to finish "work".

Not to worry, I have survived so far and B"H will continue to do so. :)