Did the breeder con me Questions

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by JD1, Dec 20, 2018.

1. JD1

JD1 New Member

Name:
    Josh diogo

Did the breeder con me

Hey guys new to the site. Had a quick question for all you frenchie owners. I recently bought a pup from a breeder. Upon finalizing everything they started to seem more and more shady. But at this point i wanted to take the pup out of there anyway. My question is do you guys think he is a full French bulldog? I think he looks an awful lot like a Boston terrier and so did my vet. At this point im keeping him anyway. But if i was scammed id like to stop them from doing it to others. It already bad enough they gave me fake shot records for the dog. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Ryan Olivas

Ryan Olivas New Member

Name:
    Ryan Olivas
    JD1 likes this.
    I'm not exactly sure, looks like it's not a full breed french bulldog. I hope someone could answer you tho.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hi - I am sorry but I cannot help you as I do not think I could tell the difference between a Frenchie and a Boston - but he is a cute little guy and enjoy him for whatever he is. And if you were not happy with his breeder and had doubts about their honesty, you were probably right to take him from them.

Looking at his picture again, how on earth did he manage to get his right front leg out of his harness?!
  5. Challis87

Challis87 New Member

Name:
    James
    JD1 likes this.
    Could be a longer nosed french bulldog how old is the puppy if you dont mind me askimg as i have a six month old one
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    The ears and muzzle don't look quite right. He could be cross Boston, or just a non show standard Frenchie, - poor breeders are not fussy about using the best stock, they just want the money! However, he is a pretty little fellow, who looks as if he has a longer muzzle and fairly open nostrils, so he should be able to breathe without snoring.
  7. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Was their no pedigree?
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    JD1 likes this.
    If you would like some evidence to confront the breeders, you could have a DNA test done - the Wisdom Panel one is quick and cheap. The trouble is though, when they are caught out, breeders like these will immediately offer to exchange your puppy for another one. By this time, most people will have become so fond of the puppy that they have that they decide to stick with it.
    There is no excuse for forged vaccination certificates. A vet in this country has just been sentenced to a prison term for doing this, but only after many puppy farm puppies had lost their lives to parvovirus. The worst type of fraud in my opinion.
  9. Challis87

Challis87 New Member

Name:
    James
    JD1 likes this.
    He looks very chihuahaesk to me and as carol above says the nose seemd very long to me as looking at my boy his face is practically flat , did you manage to see the parents or any other breeds present on collection of your puppy ?
  10. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    JD1 likes this.
    Well spotted ......
    He is cute looking guy. How annoying for you if you have been “ conned “ for many feasons.
    I hope you get the answers that you are looking for so you can take the appropriate action
  11. JD1

JD1 New Member

Name:
    Josh diogo
    He is 4 months old now
  12. JD1

JD1 New Member

Name:
    Josh diogo
    I ordered the dna test already. I wouldnt want to exchange him but i plan on putting a stop to these people if it turns out they are ripping people off
  13. JD1

JD1 New Member

Name:
    Josh diogo
    I seen a pic of the "mom" which im pretty sure was fake. And they couldnt provide one of the father. And wouldnt let me come to there house or bring the parents to the meeting. They were very shady
  14. JD1

JD1 New Member

Name:
    Josh diogo
    CaroleC likes this.
    Better pics of him. Definitely think he isnt full breed. But after the dna test results come back ill know for sure. And at least then i can do something so these breeders can hopefully be stopped.

Attached Files:

15. Challis87

Challis87 New Member

Name:
    James
    Id definately share your concerns with the experience you have had with the breeder mate, hes a lovely looking boy none the less ! The only thing that is noticeably different again is the nose mate seems very long to me my boys face is literally flat :/
  16. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Were they advertised as ‘Pedigree French Bulldogs? or KC registered?

Sounds like he might be from a puppy farm, or a ‘dealer’
    Dealers buy in puppies, from puppy farms and other countries and sell them on,
    They usually arrange a location e.g. a car park or service station Ect: for you to pick up the puppy, and usually make excuse as to why the mother can't be seen.

Most people don’t realise that when they buy a pup from a pet shop, over the internet or in the local paper, that it’s most likely from a puppy farm.
    Puppy farmers have ‘middlemen’ to sell their puppies.
    They usually pose as ‘hobby breeders’ and create a homely environment where the buyer can view the pups with their mother, which will be returned once the puppies are sold.
  17. Mercy23

Mercy23 New Member

Name:
    Mercy
    He looks like a Frenchie to me, though I do not own one. I prefer the less smooched face ones personally. Not to say he is of the best gene quality. And it’s major red flags when breeders don’t allow you to see or meet the parents and visit their home. I would walk away from a situation like that. But he’s a cutie none the less. Let us know the test results:)
  18. ClaireF

ClaireF New Member

Name:
    Claire
    He’s gorgeous regardless! But I’m certain he’s been cross bred. I don’t think with a Boston as his snout is too long. If his hair is wiry could be a cross with a terrier. He is also fairly slim, hopefully not malnourished. You clearly love him & will take good care of him & I think he’s beautiful so who cares! He’s obviously in safe hands now
  19. Challis87

Challis87 New Member

Name:
    James
    did you end up getting the DNA test done what was the outcome,?
  20. Joeysfrenchie

Joeysfrenchie New Member

Name:
    Joey
    He looks normal to me