LAb X Belgian Shepherd

Discussion in 'Labrador Retriever' started by mCb, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Brendon likes this.
    @Brendon - as @CaroleC said, this thread is eight years old, and all posts until yours [post #37] were transferred from Breedia's sister site Dogsey when Admin started Breedia as a breed specific site.

However, if you want to know what the mix your dog is, you could always do a DNA test, and also there might be a current Breedia member who has a mix that you think your dog might be.

And as @CaroleC said, welcome to Breedia from Tikva and me.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Brendon

Brendon New Member

Name:
    Brendon
    Well thank you very much! I've heard about the DNA tests, but I haven't looked into them. Looks like that is probably my best bet at figuring out what his lab genes are mixed with. What are the chances the pet rescue place already did the DNA test and that's why they told me he is what he is?
  4. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    GsdSlave and CaroleC like this.
    I would think that if the rescue actually did a dna test they would have provided you with a copy of the test. I would also think it’s highly unlikely they’d spend the money on it, as they are usually cash strapped.
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Staff /volunteers at rescue centers are not glued up in dog breeds, and usually guess based on appearance.
    Have you got a picture of your boy .