New owner General Chat

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by BronsonTheBulldog, Aug 25, 2017.

1. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I would try to keep him off the sofa if you can. If he has a sprain, it will be making it worse every time he drops onto it. Hope all goes well at the vet.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Yeah definitely.
  4. Challis87

Challis87 New Member

Name:
    James
    Oh we did try and keep him to his bed tucked up and wrappes up in a blanket to comfort him but he just wamted to be next to us even if i layed on floor with him ut wasnt good enough lol hes in vets now fiance had to take him ans took a letter from me saying she has power to consent to any treatment he should need , mot very knowledgeable yet on what can be passed down but could it be do to with the breeding do you think as i kmow another owner who has roccos bro and he has been linping on front left leg also just seems a bit ot a coincidence to me
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I'm afraid I am paranoid about small dogs and sofas. I once kept two sisters, Zoƫ and Scarlet, from a Cavalier litter. At 8 weeks, while they were having a hooley, Scarlet jumped off the sofa and landed badly, partially rupturing a shoulder tendon, (the vet said it was a Rugby players type of injury). It took quite a while to fully settle, but the vet warned that there might always be a weakness there. She was a lovely girl, but at six months I let her go as a companion to an elderly lady, where she would be able to have a gentler lifestyle. Since then, though we do have the dogs on our knees, they never actually go on the furniture.
    I hope there is better news for Rocco though.
  6. Challis87

Challis87 New Member

Name:
    James
    Hi guys quick update rocco is home now and just sprawled out on floor aplarently he would of gotten better at home but would of taken longer but has been sent home with oral supression medicen so luckily was nothing serious vet was very suprised and said what a well behaved and good tempremented dog he was even tho she was causing him pain he didnt flinch just tried going to ny fiance (mum to him lol ) so no walks for my little man for the next few days hopefully after resting him tbos week he shall be back to nornal , thanks for the reploes though guys, sometimes it helps just to have someone to talk to about it

Many thanks from me and the family and Rocco
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I am glad to hear that there is nothing seriously wrong with Rocco - good luck with trying to stop him from jumping or doing too much. I would never be able to stop the mini-monster Tikva from doing her Zebedee acts.

It is good that Rocco was OK with the vet although of course he had his mum with him. Rocco I mean, not the vet's mum!
  8. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Having to use the home studio (mum's spare room), while she's recuperating!

20190225_193410.jpg
  9. Challis87

Challis87 New Member

Name:
    James
    Oh its going to be a nightmare as havent crated him since day 2 of having him wasnt any need too im quite lucky in the fact i only have a very low setee but the thing we cant stop is him.chasing the girls around so maybe i best ask nanny if shell have kids for the rest of the week lol :p
  10. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Malka and Challis87 like this.
    @CaroleC and @Malka can you tell me how to post a new thread please. And this is by no means me moaning about you @Challis87 as we're all friends here. But I assume you also don't know how to post one? And I keep getting alerts about your messages. Many thanks to Carol and juli and hope I haven't upset you @Challis87? No offence intended! Sorry.
  11. Challis87

Challis87 New Member

Name:
    James
    Ha ha none taken my friend i also apologised for this fact in my first post as i tried to do a nee thread but couldnt figure it out so i would indeed also like to know how to start a nee thread im not sure how this works but says you follow me would you not get a notification when i post ? Its all a little confising lol
  12. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    I did see you were trying to ask if anyone knew how to start a new thread and would've helped if I'd known how to, but I'm pretty useless myself! Glad your cool with it though and hope the right help comes along, and also the little one is ok too?
  13. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Malka and Challis87 like this.
    Just turned around to find this in the makeshift studio this evening!!!

20190225_195122.jpg
  14. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    I have had a look around on the site, and if you click on 'dog forum', then 'dogs by type' you might find your breed there and someone who is more knowledgeable about the breed you have. Hope this helps?
  15. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Go to Forum, select your breed by its first letter - F.
    Scroll till you get to French Bulldog.
    Go to top of page, Start New Thread, pick the type of topic, then type in your thread heading. Type your comment underneath.
    Otherwise, go to General Chat, then start new thread as above.
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Oops, I thought I had explained how to start a new thread, but obviously had not hit Post. Apologies for not having done so.

Many thanks to @CaroleC for having having explained it.
  17. Challis87

Challis87 New Member

Name:
    James
    Lol omg @CaroleC i swear that red box was not there when i was looking the other night thanks @BronsonTheBulldog for asking the question lol
  18. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Aw I suppose I can forgive you Juli! :rolleyes:
  19. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    No worries, I'm getting to the age where I forget things too now!
  20. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    He was asleep until he heard these!

IMG-20190228-WA0002.jpeg
  21. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    CaroleC likes this.