Intro General Chat

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by Tjngiz, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Tjngiz

Tjngiz New Member

Name:
    Teryl

Intro

Hi all,
    Two and a half years ago, I was given a 3 yr old Frenchie. I am her third owner. She is with me now forever. Her name is Storm. Sweetest dog I ever had and I absolutely adore her. I am a first time Frenchie owner. Always had Bostons before. I hope to get some insight on this quirky little girl. She has a few issues, mostly healthwise.
    When I first got her, she was not spayed or microchipped. Her coat was dry and flaky and a few pounds overweight. I think she spent a lot of time in a crate. She will not play outside. She will hunt lizards outside for hours, but any toys we take outside, she immediately brings them back in the house. Middle of the living room is where they belong. She loves car rides but seems to stress when walking on the local hiking trails.
    She suffers from chronic allergies and ear infections. Something common in bull dog breeds is my understanding.

Tj
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Hi and welcome

From the cute little face in your avatar, she looks to be a little beauty.

Do you know the cause of her allergies/ear infections?
  4. Tjngiz

Tjngiz New Member

Name:
    Teryl
    Yes, she is pretty cute. Thank you.
    Her allergy tests says she is allergic to 57 different things in her environment. Found a vet that wanted to dig deeper instead of just sending me home with ear drops and didn't think I was a crazy dog mom or a cash cow. I was at the vet office at least once a month with licking, rubbing, scooting or scratching. We just started immunotherapy in the form of drops under the tongue, praying to find some relief for my sweetie.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello Teryl and gorgeous little Storm - welcome to Breedia from Tikva and me :039:

Poor little girl with so many unknown allergies - I do hope that the immunotherapy helps and gives her some relief. Allergies are horrid, as I know only too well.
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Wishing you and Storm the very best with the immunotherapy.
  7. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Dogs are very clever. They often have knowledge of what's good and what's not for themselves. That may well be why she's not over keen on being out in the big wide World because it makes her allergies play up.

Hopefully, after the immunotherapy, things may well improve