New owner of beautiful french puppy??? Questions

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by Bigjule111, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Bigjule111

Bigjule111 New Member

Name:
    George Medina

New owner of beautiful french puppy???

Hello frenchy enthusiast.. my wife and I picked up this beautiful 2 month old frenchy .. she's a delightful lil thing with a big attitude... butI'm starting to second guess that's she's pure bred... The one issue I have is her lil face .. the more I research other puppies I notice the snout to be not as flat as others I see.. also her face doesn't seem as wrinkled as others , eepecially around her nose ...what do u guys think ? . We love her dearly , just wondering if we got had ! Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Hello and welcome to the forum.
    To me, and this is only my opinion from experience, but may be wrong. She looks a cross with a Boston terrier as the colouring is rarely seen in frenchies, but prevalent in Boston's. Also the longer tail is a giveaway. Not to take anything away from this gorgeous girl though, as long as your happy and she is healthy, that's all that matters?
    Also, did the breeders you got her from have an AKC certificate with parental lineage? That would be proof of a pure bred dog.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  4. Bigjule111

Bigjule111 New Member

Name:
    George Medina
    Thank you ... No AKC certificate... I did wonder about the tail but read that the tail can b up to 1 inch on some pupps, .. also thought that since she is so small she would just grow as the tail would stay short
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello George, welcome to Breedia to you and lovely little Freda from Tikva and me :039:

Was she advertised as a pure bred Frenchie? You can, of course, have a DNA test done if you are concerned, especially as she did not come with an AKC certificate, but she is so gorgeous that to be honest I would not bother. Just love that cute little bundle whatever she is.

I really do not know anything about Frenchies, except what I have learned from Breedia, but I tend to agree with Gareth @BronsonTheBulldog that she could be a cross with a Boston.

She really is adorable!
    [​IMG]
  6. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    No problems, always happy to help any fellow dog lover. One question i forgot to ask, did you see the parents of the puppydog when choosing the little lady? Again, not a big deal, just curious?
    And as Juli says, she's adoreable either way!
  7. Bigjule111

Bigjule111 New Member

Name:
    George Medina
    Yes they had 2 females that looked purebred and u can tell they both had given birth recently.. the one he said was her mother ..she was mostly all brindle in color .no dad in premises.. . the so called brother to my lil princess also looks like mine but has a flatter face but the wife preferred the female over her lil brother
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  8. Bigjule111

Bigjule111 New Member

Name:
    George Medina
    This is the brother (so called)

Attached Files:

9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Two females that looked purebred and had both had given birth recently, and no male on the premises...

Your little girl is far more appealing than her "so called" brother - who knows which bitch gave birth to which puppy, and who [and where] the sire is.

Just love little Freda because if I could I would puppynap her!
  10. Bigjule111

Bigjule111 New Member

Name:
    George Medina
    Definitely ! .she's won us already.. she's such a sweetheart... Only reason posting is because I feel like I needed to know if I got lied too and I kind of want to know what I really have . Frenchy or possibly a frenchton? I know it's all superficial but if I paid 2k for a frenchy and instead got a 1k frenchton then that's kind of not rite and something I mite want to follow up.
  11. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Yeah, I'm not a lawyer but that's definitely misrepresentation and sale by deception if done knowingly. Would look into it for sure!
  12. Tjngiz

Tjngiz New Member

Name:
    Teryl
    Dang, she's cute. One thing... a bit of a longer snout may reduce any breathing problems.
  13. Bigjule111

Bigjule111 New Member

Name:
    George Medina
    Yes she is .. but thats my issue ..Im not sure if she's all frenchy or part frenchy .. also I've read that the slightly longer snout is a plus for her.. Heres anothe pic....this is her in beast mode lol staring out to the yard ... In this pic u can see her tail a bit and her legs

Attached Files:

14. Bigjule111

Bigjule111 New Member

Name:
    George Medina
  15. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Two thousand pounds is a great deal of money to pay for an unregistered and potentially crossbred puppy. I would get a dna test done as soon as possible, and be prepared to take legal advice if you find that you have been misled. Wisdom Panel 2 is quick and fairly cheap - about £40 from Pets at Home online. I hope you have a signed contract of sale to support your case.
    A word of caution though, this person may well say that they will refund your money if you return the puppy to them. They realise that it can be very difficult to part with a puppy once the first few days have passed. It might be less stressful to put this down to experience, and love your puppy for what she is.
  16. Bigjule111

Bigjule111 New Member

Name:
    George Medina
    I'm not sure we're I'm going with this .. I was hoping that the concensus was that she's a purebred frenchie but the looks of it seems that there's a high change that she mite not be
  17. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    That's a proper Bulldog Stance!
  18. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Your vet should be your first port of call, as they should be able to give a better insight into any queries you have? Then proceed from there.
  19. Bigjule111

Bigjule111 New Member

Name:
    George Medina
    I love that stance .. she's a lil beast already lol. And yes we're going to take her next week to the vet ....I was debating if I should mention anything to the breeder about my concerns ..but not sure they are valid
  20. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    George, so what would you do if your vet also thinks your girl is a cross? The "breeder" does not sound valid and you obviously love your little Freda. I know it is a lot of money for a pure-bred that is not, but to spend more money on a DNA test to confirm it, the "breeder" can always say oh sorry, it was a mistake, blah blah blah.

So you do a DNA test which might prove little Freda is not what she was advertised as - and yes, you paid double what a pure-bred would be if she turns out to be a cross, but she is adorable, you have already fallen in love with her, and the "breeder" is probably sniggering all the way to the bank.

But whether that "breeder" conned you or not, you have the most adorable little bubby so just love her and do not try to fight what sounds like dodgy people. Because they have no doubt done it before and will no doubt do it again, whatever you do.
  21. Bigjule111

Bigjule111 New Member

Name:
    George Medina
    honestly it would bother me a lil ..but I would have to suck it up and move on with my life ,as lil Freda ain't going anywhere