Belgian malinois General Chat

Discussion in 'Belgian Shepherd Dog (Malinois)' started by Gleb, Apr 6, 2019.

?

What do you think about ?

1. to much faults

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. need to improve

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. everything alright

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Gleb

Gleb New Member

Name:
    Gleb
    CaroleC likes this.

Belgian malinois

Hello everybody, I want to know what you are thinking about, what good, what not so good, faults, your meaning about this video and my friend Archie :)
    Thanks for watching, will be intersting to know your opinion !
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    GsdSlave and Gleb like this.
    Archie is very responsive, and is showing super drive for his manwork. Do you compete with him, or is he a working security dog?
  4. Gleb

Gleb New Member

Name:
    Gleb
    CaroleC likes this.
    Thank. He is my dog, when I have time, I train him. It happened that now I live far away from him. I began to teach him from 2-3 months to 1.5 years without a breaks, now he is 3 years old, and now it is very sad, but only when I have time for this. Despite of this, he remembers all the basic. Thank you for your feedback.
  5. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Gleb likes this.
    Looks like some sort of training collar around his neck. Is it an E-collar?
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Gleb likes this.
    Looks more like a muzzle slipped off round his neck. And from the names on YouTube, Archie belongs to two Russians, not the 1½ years that the OP says.
    Nor would a dog who has not been trained for such a long time still remember "the basics".

That dog does not show just basic commands. He looks like a very well trained and commanded dog.

Are you sure he is actually your dog or are you promoting him for something.
  7. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Gleb, CaroleC and GsdSlave like this.
    Very responsive dog.

Why doesn't he live with you now? It looks like you put a lot of training into him. I wouldn't have been able to part with him.

Be careful with sticks. It's so easy for a dog to get injured or worse through chasing after or chewing sticks
  8. Gleb

Gleb New Member

Name:
    Gleb
    No, this is not an E-collar, a simple leather.
  9. Gleb

Gleb New Member

Name:
    Gleb
    In fact, he is my dog and I am from Ukraine. He still lives in my family, and my father also refresh these skills a little bit. I am very pleased to read this. I do not promoting him, he promoting me :)
  10. Gleb

Gleb New Member

Name:
    Gleb
    CaroleC likes this.
    First of all, thanks for these words! Sometimes our life changes and I must live in another country. That's why I can see him only sometimes :(
    I know about this problem, but he so much love to do this ;)
  11. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Gleb likes this.
    Gotcha. My dog remembers basic commands fine but falters on the more advanced stuff since we don't practice it ever. He can still do it, but it isn't seamless. This dog is way more highly trained than my dog (and of course more active)... But it looks super sharp, which is unusual for a pet dog.
  12. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Gleb, Malka and CaroleC like this.
    [QUOTE But it looks super sharp, which is unusual for a pet dog.[/QUOTE]

Why is it unusual?
    Lots of people do sports with their dogs that are pets/companions first and foremost.
    Some have goals of competition and others just for fun, one needs to have passion,commitment and be willing to put in the time and effort to train their dog.
  13. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Gleb and GsdSlave like this.
    Dogs may get rusty with lack of practice, or they can decide that they would rather not do a particular exercise any more, but they do remember everything that they have been taught. Ed is eleven next month, and does virtually no obedience these days, but I have to smile as when I straighten my body posture on a walk, he will come straight onto my leg, and look up, saying, 'This is how I do my smart walk'. He will often offer one of his HTM moves without any prompting - paw wrapping on a walking stick, or walking on my feet are his favourites.
    Certain things he lets me know that he doesn't want to do anymore. Send Away, 'Why?', and Leg Weaving, 'I can't bend enough'. I know just how he feels!
  14. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Gleb likes this.
    It is unusual for a pet dog where I live. People here barely train at all. My apologies. Sometimes I forget where you people live is different different from where I live. My dog is a well behaved dog. Most of his videos do demonstrate that he is quite patient and that he stays close and is obedient. He is not perfect but he is all I would ever expect of a pet dog in terms of obedeince, and here he is way more trained than 99% of most other dogs.
  15. Gleb

Gleb New Member

Name:
    Gleb
    Thank you, this is shepherd malinois, he must to be super sharp, it's in his blood.
  16. Gleb

Gleb New Member

Name:
    Gleb
    CaroleC likes this.
    100% I agree with you. And you should be ready to spend time on it.
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  17. Gleb

Gleb New Member

Name:
    Gleb
    CaroleC likes this.
    Eleven years ... he is old for hard training, be careful with him. Because, you love him and take care of him ;)
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  18. Gleb

Gleb New Member

Name:
    Gleb
    Thanks for this rating, he is not regular dog, I took him from parents that were in army, this is also his genes.
  19. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Gleb likes this.
    He seems like a good dog. He's clearly not *JUST* a pet dog nor does he come from *JUST* pet dog lines. He comes from working lines and he has been trained as such. He's in great shape and you've done a great job.
  20. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Gleb likes this.
    Lots of owners who go for working lines are interested in Schutzhund/ipo, but that doesn’t mean the dog can’t be a family companion.

In the correct home with the right handler well bred working dogs/ lines, even high drive ones, can live quite happily as family dogs, as long as they are ACTIVE, either have the experience level to provide the training the dog requires, or are willing to seek that out and commit to it.
  21. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Gleb likes this.
    Okay queen. Take it easy. I never said they couldn't. I believe that if you're aware of the needs of your dog and are equipped to handle them, all will be well. I completely agree with you.